• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

I.D for this "wild"

Purplish and green and very distinctive. And not like this. If you click on the top photo you can zoom in via photo bucket

The flower stem is distinctive in this one and almost does a 180 turn as the flower forms. The stems are also striated in a very distinctive way. It is also much darker green than any other plant I have, yet is grown in full sun 8+ hours a day

Pr0digal_son said:
Seed mix up. It's possibly a cross, but CAP1141 is neither parent.
Agreed. Shawn had 2 other plants in his collection that are exactly the same. The growth habit is extremely distinctive and unlike anything I`ve seen before. Not that I`ve seen more than 10--12 wilds or any wild crosses, of course. Ah well, it`s an interesting plant I need to isolate.

millworkman said:
It looks like a Thai type to me.  Wait out the pods.  I sent him the 1141 seeds and I know for a fact they were pure so unless he got others as well, maybe a labeling mixup?
A labelling mix-up wouldn`t be a surprise. Whatever they are, his 2 plants and my 1 look identical. I`ve grown maybe 5 or 6 Thai types and this looks very different, although I`m sure there are hundreds of Thai types floating around.  :)

I also sent some Wild Texas Tepins and my flowers look exactly like that but the leaf shape is different.  Maybe they only look different because they are curling.  Can you flatten one out?

Back