• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

I got me an inside pepper

Dug this out of my neighbors garden. The tag only said worlds hottest. Any ideas?
BabyPictures127.jpg

BabyPictures115.jpg

LMAO does your neighbor know lol... that would change the old saying "forbidden fruit tastes sweetest" to "forbidden fruit tastes hottest" lol Generally I like it!

When people use the term "worlds hottest" most people are still referring to the old Jolokia's... this does not look like a Jolokia though, too smooth. I think it does look like a Devil's Tongue.

Now let me go see if I can dig any chillies out of my neighbors garden...

On closer inspection... could be a Bhut Jolokia. I guess you will have to do the taste test. The Devil's Tonge is about Habanero strength... but if it is a Jolokia... its about two and a bit hotter. Failing which there is always the 24hrs test. If your eyeballs are not the last thing to be flushed down the porcelain phone... it was a habanero ;)

Normal bhuts are longer than that too. I would say what ya got there is a devils tongue or another habanero relative but not quite a bhut. Should still be a ripper though.

the 2 pods in the last picture do not look like devils tongue that i have on my plants. but the second picture looks more like a devils tongue. here is a picture of a devils tongue that i clipped off my plant on SAt. they are slightly sweet with a nice burn.
IMG_2845.jpg

Eric

Bonnie sells an orange habanero which they label as "Bonnie's World's Hottest", I'm guessing that's why it's labeled that way, he probably bought one of them from a local nursery. It doesn't look like a normal orange habanero though, it's too elongated and pointy, so maybe it's a cross or something?

Bonnie sells an orange habanero which they label as "Bonnie's World's Hottest", I'm guessing that's why it's labeled that way, he probably bought one of them from a local nursery. It doesn't look like a normal orange habanero though, it's too elongated and pointy, so maybe it's a cross or something?

I think it was from bonnie as that seems to ring a bell.

have you eaten one? that will be the true test! if you eat one and the thought runs through your head "$hit that was a huge mistake" and you get light headed, and nothing eases the pain, then it might be a bhut. mu devils tongue was substantially hotter than the habs i grew. and the yellow bhut i ate yesterday on accident(thought it was another pod as it was on the smaller size) was the hottest pod i have eaten so far.

Well I just tried it and I didn't eat all of it, only about 1/4 and it wasn't terrible. Heat is subsiding in less than 5 minutes but it was quite hot in the begining. This can't be the worlds hottest, can it? :lol:

Back