I HATE horned worms!

And it turns out I really hate it when I have to get the ladder out to remove them.

Last night I noticed one of my purple potatoes completely stripped of leaves and found the culprit on the next potato starting over.  Tonight I went out with the blacklight and found dozens of them on my hybrids and several 12' off the ground.  The plants are so full I never noticed the damage so also never looked for the worms until now.  Several of the highest ones are just going to have to wait until the 5 watt laser charges.  Tomorrow night its light saber time for them.

Why don't you Neem them, or get some BT?

When you start talking about 'dozens' of hornworms, that's only the visible portion of a full scale - and might I say, epic - infestation.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
you should really film this 
for science!     :lol:

:cheers:

Just filmed one shoot down and a little worried about posting it to the web.  Is there a law against cruelty to bugs yet?  A guy here got 8 years behind bars for putting duct tape on a kitten years back.  It wasn't hurt and sure it was wrong and stupid, but it was just a cat.  Rapists get only 2 to 3 here.

Back