• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I have problems with my plants and need help

I'm having problems with some of my pepper plants and I hope I can get help and/or solutions here. I have a lot of new seedlings and I don't want to make the same mistakes.
Thanks in advance for all the help.

Problem 1: This one looks like it is dying to me. I don't know why? What could be the problem? and how do I fix and more importantly prevent this.
problem1.jpg

Problem 2: Leaf adges are wrinkled, discoloration and some leafs hang vertically.
problem2.jpg

Problem 3: This plant is growing very fast. I see new leafs growing all over the plant every day but as you can see some leafs are slightly wrinkled/misformed and the big leaf in the front has a tiny hole. My guess would be bugs but what kind, how do I find it and what can I do
problem3.jpg

All plants are in the windowframe of my scorpion room. Temperature is around 25-27 degrees celsius during the day and around 19-20 at night. For watering I use tap water but not right away. the water is in a open container in my room for 2 to 3 days before I use it.
If more information is needed please ask and if I can I will post it. thanks

Have you checked carefully for aphids or spider mites?

Oh, and are you doing straight hydro?

JungleRain said:
Hi Vincent,
What sort of fertilizer do you use, and what is the ph of your water? Looks like a nutrient problem.

the ph of my water is 6.
I have chillifocus as fertilizer. I only used it twice.

Pam said:
Have you checked carefully for aphids or spider mites?

Oh, and are you doing straight hydro?

Yes but found nothing. Will check again tomorrow.
No the clay is just on top of the soil to prevent the soil top from drying out and I think it looks good.

Vincent said:
No the clay is just on top of the soil to prevent the soil top from drying out and I think it looks good.

Sorry I have nothing helpful to add but I agree. That stuff you have on top does look very nice. Gives it a clean look.

Hey Vincent,

I can't help with 1 or 3 but I've experienced problem two before and have a couple of plants doing it now. I believe Txclosetgrower was talking about his plants doing it too, said he's never noticed a negative effect from it.

It's never had an effect on my plant production either. I don't know what causes it but I'm relatively sure it's just a cosmetic problem.

However it could be a symptom of a more serious problem. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Back