• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I have some 2 years old plants, what do you think?

Elscott said:
2 year old yellow reaper looking very sad.  Never really took off this year probably has old man syndrome.

Definitely not.  A reaper is still a teenager when it's been planted out for 4 seasons...

I love nutrient debates. Because those who are growing well mostly to some degree, believe their way is best. But is does demonstrate that there are many ways that work well.
My plants are now dialed in and growing like crazy on Organic Tomatoe fertilizer by Green Future alternated with chicken poo pellet tea and a weekly Epsom salts teaspoon in a gallon.
I also get all the egg shells from my local pub and grind them to a gritty milk weekly.
But every other water is just water these days and every feed is half recommended strength.

Elpicante said:
My point is that regardless of what you forced forced feeding your plants they are only going to use what they need the post to thrive. All the rest it not used by the plant or worse plants start burning up from saturation of nutes. Again no science just observation. You feed your body crap like Carls Jr or Mickey D's and softdrinks with no room for steak and potatoes or no healthy food or water you get a weak body that does not perform well in combat. You feed your body a combo of healthy fats, proteins and carbs along with other nutrients and plenty of water and you have a war machine.
The plants uptake of nutrients is limitless, you just need to provide the method of increasing there metabolic rate. You will consume daily a fixed amount of nutrients/food. increase your metabolism and you will start eating like a fool and if conditioned properly, bulk up at the same time.

I can't agree with that, at all. Nothing on Earth is capable of utilizing an endless source of nutrients - nor should we ever want anything to be.

All things living have limits and thresholds that are not to be exceeded, without consequence.

My dogs will keep eating until they are sick if I let them. Doesn't mean it's good for them.
We already created an artificial environment with nice soil, food and shelter.
Over feeding causes problems.

solid7 said:
I can't agree with that, at all. Nothing on Earth is capable of utilizing an endless source of nutrients - nor should we ever want anything to be.

All things living have limits and thresholds that are not to be exceeded, without consequence.

Oh man the visits to the toilet, if we could utilize everything we could put in our stomach. But i was curious about those humic and fulvic acids added in the b'cuzz coco a+b, is there any studies anywhere how much better the same nutrient gets utilized by the plant, if there is hymic and fulvic acid added in there vs same stuff, but no acids added in there?

Back