• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I just started to cut my peppers in half

To dry / dehydrate them for the first time ever to speed up the process and noticed I probably should have always done that.  It is a good way to see if there is any spoilage inside.  I was shocked to see some of my really good looking peppers have some blackness inside around the seed area.  I only really started growing and dehydrating them since 2011 so I hope I haven't given away too many "spoiled" ones.

So this is a definitely good step to get the best dried pods for everything except I guess the small and tiny ones, right?

Thank for any advice.

That's what I do for mine. Specifically for the reason stated, insuring quality. However, it also greatly speeds up the drying process. I dry at low temp in the oven to preserve color.

Idiot Piquant said:
What is worse than finding a worm in your pepper?
Learning in the morning that the damm rats with hooves (deer) ate your fully loaded plant down to the ground.
Yes, deer LOVE peppers. And tomatoes. The bastards!

Scoville DeVille said:
Learning in the morning that the damm rats with hooves (deer) ate your fully loaded plant down to the ground.
Yes, deer LOVE peppers. And tomatoes. The bastards!
i love deer bang bang yum yum!! know what i mean ;)
venison is good food!! :drooling:
Rymerpt said:
Boogers
They just don't taste as good as they did when I was a kid.
i have found few thing do :mope:

Back