• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I know ID is almost impossible from a pic, but...!!

I have four or five great bushes, and cannot ID the pepper!

If anyone can help with any of them, I'd appreciate it, though I'm well aware how inconclusive ID this way actually is. (Beats the hell out of no idea, period!)

Numberrrrrrrrrrr 1!

p3160039a.jpg

p2230005.jpg

p2230003.jpg

p2230002.jpg

Thanks, fellas (and gals!)

Thanks, skydiver!

I should have added something for scale,,,sorry! #2 is about twice as long and three times as thick as a Tabasco, with less bite. Abouth the thickness of a pencil, and far fewer pods per bush...

My guess is that 3 & 4 are almost certainly superhots, based on the stippling?

Noshownate said:
3 and 4 look alike maybe they are bih's

I agree with #1 and #2 being a tobasco like, but #3 and #4 are not bih, not even close.
Bih's are a tad smaller than bhut with more per plant (typically) and other than that, they are almost identical.

all3pods_open.jpg

It's some kind of elongated Red C. Chinense habanero like, beats me but they look tasty!

RichardK said:
I agree with #1 and #2 being a tobasco like, but #3 and #4 are not bih, not even close.
Bih's are a tad smaller than bhut with more per plant (typically) and other than that, they are almost identical.

all3pods_open.jpg

It's some kind of elongated Red C. Chinense habanero like, beats me but they look tasty!

I would say that it being it being a bih is not even close is kind of ridiculous statement not all bih's look the same on a plant rich. some might not have the dominant point to them. I agree with you that is def an elongated c chinense HUntsman do you have any guesses as to what it might be?

Noshownate said:
I would say that it being it being a bih is not even close is kind of ridiculous statement not all bih's look the same on a plant rich. some might not have the dominant point to them. I agree with you that is def an elongated c chinense HUntsman do you have any guesses as to what it might be?

It's not only the missing point, the top isnt blunt and tapered, and it's not as rough and dented as a bhut or bih, etc... also it's way to fat to be a pure bhut/bih. I grow bih's and I have never ever seen a pod even come close to either of those two pods. No offense :)

Not to mention if those were the ugly ducklings so to speak of both plants, I doubt he would have taken an ID picture of them given the minority of their appearience on the plant.

First do look like a Bhut.

#2 looks like a C. annuum of some sort.

#3 and #4 look like chinense. Do you know if they're chinense? Since you said they are "superhots" Otherwise, do you have pics of the flowers? That helps a lot to at least narrow it down to species. :)

Nate

I have no idea as these sprung up unexpectedly and are the only pods on the plant thus far.

Is there some way to look at the actual plants to determine chinense or not? Certain pattern or leaf formation, maybe?

e.z. - that's just my guess, as they are very different to everything else I have and have a wart-like skin...

Number 1 is hatching evil plots against you Huntsman...:hell:

I'd agree that 3 and 4 don't look like the Bih, although first pods on a lot of plants seem to vary a bit. I hope you sus that one out mate.

My first impression just looking at those last two pods is that of a T. Scorpion without any tail. I get pods that look like those slightly pitted skin and no tail on my scorpions plants all the time. Also notice the crease like on a peach down the side of both peppers, many of my Trinidad varieties have this trait. Who knows?

Sure did, Scott - and I actually lost track of it when I was transplanting and a gust of wind mixed up the labels I had placed next to the new grow bags, just before sticking them on!

Be waaay cool if I could get that one back under control...Holding thumbs there, buddy!

Scorpions were another of the wind cock- up, PRF, so I'll check that out further, thanks!

Hey, Nate -

I believe so, (and leaves also), but cannot find the threads that I bookmarked as a n00b that covered the characteristics of annuum, chinense, etc....;-)

Oh, BTW fellas -

I tried that pod in the third pic and man, I am too much of a sissy for superhots as yet! I had to chop it fairly fine, and mix it with Moussaka which was magnificent, though when I tried a small sliver prior to the meal, I thought a sand storm had erupted in my mouth..! LOL!

Back