seeds I made a n00b mistake inre: seed cap :o

Well, I'm a n00b so..... I let a seedling sprout & remain w/ its cap on for 1-2 weeks :rolleyes: instead of using this method that I just saw today: http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/19582-lazies-2011-grow-log/page__st__40__p__415620#entry415620

Got the seed cap off today using the above methos w/o damaging it. :dance: Will have to see if the seedling survives. The stem is green and seems healthy but I don't know. Glad I saw megamoo's post so that it won't happen to me again. Painstaking part is, this is my one and only dorset naga seedling that managed to sprout.

As an aside, I can't plant my seeds deeper to facilitate natural seed cap removal because I don't have a heating pad for this season

I've already tried it and seem to work most of the time. The problem is I don't always see too well and f*** it up occasionally…100% my fault.

the stuck helmet happens to all of us.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

the likely hood of it happening goes up exponentially with how few seeds of any variety

you have squared by the product of how bad you want to grow that type

cubed by how few days left in the season. the chance that the stuck helmet craps the seedling

is of course another exponent of how rare that type is overall

hope that formula helps :eek:

that is why we "always plant more than we need" :dance:

the stuck helmet happens to all of us.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

the likely hood of it happening goes up exponentially with how few seeds of any variety

you have squared by the product of how bad you want to grow that type

cubed by how few days left in the season. the chance that the stuck helmet craps the seedling

is of course another exponent of how rare that type is overall

hope that formula helps :eek:

that is why we "always plant more than we need" :dance:

I can't agree more!!

I have read some posts from some of the big sharks that the deeper you plant them the less likely it happens. I guess as it fights its way up to the top it helps loosen the cap. I do believe that there's a tipping point where if it's placed down too far the journey to the top becomes impossible.

Back