food I may be making the best steak ever!

I will preface this by saying that I have had many great steaks at many great steakhouses, but when I saw this behemoth I knew that it could be "the one". I have rubbed it with chile oil and then some of my homemade rub. I preheated the oven to 350F and put about a tablespoon or so if the same chile oil in the cast iron. I preheated it to med high and as soon as the oil got near smoking, dropped it in to sear. After a couple of minutes, I flipped it and gave it another minute before shoving it in the oven to finish. I will keep you posted and have many pictures of it's greatness!

Edit: I forgot to mention that this steak is nearly two inches thick and about 22 ounces... boneless.

texas blues said:
What's the cut? NY? Ribeye? Angus? Dry aged? What's in the rub? What is the capital of Latvia?

Salute', TB.

This is a dry aged ribeye. The rub consists of many many spices and herbs I cannot disclose in my drunken state, and the capital of Latvia is Riga. Pics soon. Steak is divine.

No need TB this thing melts in your mouth by itself. Well, it did. It has met it's untimely demise:

2.jpg

Look at the size of this thing!

1.jpg

3.jpg

Mate that thing looks devine and I'm almost clawing at the screen to try and get that beer....:D

Well done.

Patience Moyboy. You should understand that....UDS...Heh heh.

PS: That is my first ribe Scotch Bonnet. About ready to eat that now.

Geezuz H. Christ on a crutch! Godzilla Ribeye! In the middle pic I can see some of that awesome marbling! JayT homerun WIN!

Salute', TB.

Da-Yum! That looks like one of those Brontasaurus steaks that Fred Flintstone was always eatin!

Supercalafragalisticexpi-WIN-adocious!!!!!!!!!!

I can't compete with that. Not that I don't want to, but I simply can't buy a steak that big here in town. Seriously, I can't get a Porterhouse on special request. I would literally have to buy half a side of beef then beg/threaten the butcher at gun point to cut it that thick. Bastards. Although I think I can hear your arteries hardening from here.... that's a long ways!

such a nice thick cut ribeye, gotta love thick cuts!
steak looks great, what was the lucky chile pod to be eaten with the steak ?

Back