food I may be making the best steak ever!

Blister said:
I forgot to ask, did that thing flip the Flintstone mobile on it's side when you picked it up?

Nah, I had a refrigerated trailer to haul it in. :lol: I am wanting another one of those things. I'm going to have to go back to that store soon.

JayT, one of these days, I'm going to have to put a case of beer on ice and drive out to see you. As long as your cooking like that anyways...:lol:

Damn. I wish I lived a little closer because beer for steak like that is a hellava deal. Good food, good company, and beer. Why O why did this damn continent have to be so big?!

Well Blister, you can tune in this weekend for "The best steak I ever ate II" I made some modest chuck delmonicos last weekend, but I am jonesing for a BIG one again.

Seriously though, I think I'm going to call a butcher and see what they can do. I'm tired of the teeny little steaks they offer. I don't care if they clog my arteries, we have free health care here in Canada so WTF?!

That was a steak! That was a beautiful steak. You are a connoisseur of fine beef JayT.

A little overcooked for my taste but I sure as hell wouldn't have turned it down!

There's a grocery store less than five minutes away that has an old fashioned meat counter. They cut to order. I love the Porterhouse but when it's on sale I will pick up a whole or half beef loin. Cut it in the 1.25"-1.5" range and then show it a picture of the stove, or grill.

JayT said:
Well Blister, you can tune in this weekend for "The best steak I ever ate II" I made some modest chuck delmonicos last weekend, but I am jonesing for a BIG one again.

seeing your thread last week, & not having any good steak for awhile....well..... lets say no steak at all.
what I can say is theres 2 fat ribeye steaks (2.5 lbs total) in the fridge right now & waiting to be cooked tommorrow, I cant wait!

Went to the hippy joint today JayT in your honor. mrs. blues got 2 small dry aged filet mignon's and i got a dry aged ribeye. Those will hit the grill tomorrow night. Pics will be involved and will probably post in the Drunken Chef thread because well....I'll probably be drunk!

Salute', TB.

Had a taste of Fillet Mignon myself tonight, picked up three six ounce cuts. I was in a hurry, college football is on, so I did the magic on the stove. Seared both sides at two minutes each then covered and simmered for three more minutes. Pulled them off at 122F. Added a twice baked spud filled with chives, some sliced and diced red Caribbean hab and covered in ch ch ch cheddar. Went with the red Caribbean powder for the beef. Little sweat involved but I could have eaten the third steak.

IMG_6478rre.jpg

IMG_6473re.jpg

Hope I didn't make anyone hungry.

texas blues said:
Went to the hippy joint today JayT in your honor. mrs. blues got 2 small dry aged filet mignon's and i got a dry aged ribeye. Those will hit the grill tomorrow night. Pics will be involved and will probably post in the Drunken Chef thread because well....I'll probably be drunk!

Salute', TB.

Bumping the meat to tomorrow night. Throwdown continues....

Salute', TB.

I'm anxiously waiting... I made a nice delmoni yesterday with some seared diver scallops. No piccy though as the woman has the damn camera in her purse again.

Back