And into the pan

eggplantrolls003.jpg

Topped with a savoury Dorset sauce

eggplantrolls007.jpg

I'll be cooking this up again but I'll try adding the blue cheese

Timmmy newbie said:
It was going to be blue cheese but the block I bought was seriously rank lol

How could you tell? ;)

Seriously, that looks really good! That's the kind of meal you could serve to a dedicated carnivore like me without him/her realizing that the meat is missing.

I love all the ingredients you used in this...I just never thought about putting them in the same dish like this!

COOOOL!!!!

How could I tell ;) Well the cheese was brown lol Thats a no brainer

So you don't like blue cheese, a very small amount of blue cheese in cooking goes a long way.

I pre cooked all the ingredients before rolling them. I've seen this recipe before and it was supposed to go in the oven to finish off.

paulky_2000
I love all the ingredients you used in this...I just never thought about putting them in the same dish like this!

It tasted better than it looks, I don't think I've eaten dinner so fast for a long time :)

Anyone thats keen to add some unique veg recipes please go for it :) I'll love to try them out.

Timmmy newbie said:
How could I tell ;) Well the cheese was brown lol Thats a no brainer

OK, I though "rank" only had to do with the smell. I actually eat quite a lot of blue cheese, but I don't care for the odour;)

That looks pretty damn tasty there Timmy, nice job! and as Mr.A said thats the kinda veggie meal a carnivore like myself could really enjoy :)

Went out and grabbed some bits and pieces from the shop :) then realized on the way hope I've forgotten half of the ingredients i need.

Timmy's Hummus

homus002.jpg

Smoked red peppers
2 dessert spoons of Tahini paste
2 choc bhuts
lemon juice
1-2 tsp cumin powder
3 pieces Garlic
1 can Chic peas
Black pepper
Little bit of oil

Its blended up and sitting in the fridge for an hour or so.

:)

Zucchini Frittata

frittata003.jpg

Asparagus, zucchini, mushroom, red onion and feta

Plated up

frittata005.jpg

The caramelized balsamic onion and mushrooms went great with the eggplant and red cap Hummus.

:) lol

Nah I'm running out of ideas already lol

I'm on a veggie kick for a while to see if I can get my health in check and maybe keep the fat off over winter.

Next ones going to be spinach for sure :)

For spinach, try Ethiopian cuisine or Indian. For Paneer I've seen recipes that substitute firm tofu for the cheese if that is of interest.

If you are willing to include cheese, try spanokopita. I'll have to check the spelling. Very delicious Greek dish of phyllo dough, feta and spinach pie

Okay go easy on me :)

Tonight's cook up

vegburrittoslice001.jpg

Then let the stacking begin

vegburrittoslice003.jpg

Adding around five layers with each starting with the re fried beans

vegburrittoslice005.jpg

I got lazy and left out the butternut pumpkin

To be cont....

Back