• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I need help!!!

I could understand me being compulsive last year, needing to check on my seedlings a half dozen or more times a day. But it was the first year I tried sprouting seeds indoors to transplant later.

But since I got my all-blue and all-red LED panels and started another grow test to see which panel works the best, I'm running upstairs every 3-4 hours to see if any seeds have sprouted.

I know, a watched pot is not supposed to boil but I cannot help it. Does anyone have a website for seed germinators anonymous?

Mike

A watched pot will boil, it'll just seem like it takes forever, hehehe. You'll receive no help from me, sir! For I am afflicted as well.

wordwiz said:
Hey, hey, One seed under the blue and one under the red lights have poked their head through!

Mike

Mike great news will follow with interest addictive isnt it :lol:

imaguitargod said:
See! Told you the pot will boil if you watch it! :beer:

Iggy,

I was at work! But I will have to continue to watch these things like a hawk, as the tops of the trays are about 1/8 of an inch from the lights.

Mike

Mike great news will follow with interest addictive isnt it

I've also got six different toms I sowed 20 days ago. They are now between 3.5-5 inches tall but I don't think they have roots to speak of. I pulled one up (I sowed two per cell) and there was practically nothing there.

Mike

You exercise is good your health my friend keep you in shape ,abouth germination that all depends on variety some takes longer no another mostly wild variety & C.Chinense if you have heat mat they will speed up germination.

915river said:
You exercise is good your health my friend keep you in shape ,abouth germination that all depends on variety some takes longer no another mostly wild variety & C.Chinense if you have heat mat they will speed up germination.

I use a waterbed heater to keep my grow chamber warm. It worked great last year for a 7' square area that was about 12" deep. This year it's 24' sq. and close tot 24" deep. But it is well insulated so I'm hoping it will stay at 86 degrees at least during the germination stage. After that, I'll turn it off.

Most of the toms I have sowed seem to take about 5-7 days to germinate, the cukes about two days. From memory, peppers were all over the chart, from three to 45 days depending on the variety.

Since my goal is to sell plants, (I'll keep some to grow) I am trying to figure out when I should sow them so they will be ready to sell by about May 8, 2009, give or take a couple a days!

Mike

Mike

Usualy in 2 1/2 months peppers plants are abouth 12-15" from time they germinate good size to transplant/sell but like I said all depend on variety some ones grow very fast like C.Annuum rest of it C.Chinense grow slow & the slower from all wild variety.That is all I can tell you my friend.

Yeah, peppers don't seem to grow as fast as toms. I have three plants I sowed on Labor Day (~first part of September) I was going to use as a grow test. Thanks to a power outage that lasted a week, getting far behind in my work and simply not paying attention to them, only one tray of three survived. I have since stuck it under a LED light and just the last week or so, CFL bulbs. The tallest plant, a Tobasco, is about four inches tall but has real nice foliage.

I'm not planning on sowing that many hot pepper seeds - they are not that popular in Cincinnati. 36 each of Habs, Jalapenos, Hot Wax, Red Savina, Cayenne and of course, Bhut Jolokia.

I probably need to try grow some peppers undr my lights and see how they progress. So much to do, so little time time to do it!

Mike

I'm up to nine plants that sprouted - 50 percent. Lowered the tray 1/4" so the leaves aren't touching the lights.

Mike

Back