• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I Need Some Advice

Hey everyone, my BioDomes are full, so I got peat pots to plant more seeds into but have never used them before. After the initial water expansion, how often do you water them? They are plenty wet, I think, but I dont want the seeds to dry out during germination. Thanks...

I've never used those but I say use your eyes and hands. Do they look dry? Do they feel light? There are many things like air circulation that determines how often you'll have to water that an easy answer is like "two times a week" is impossible.

Under a humidity dome, you should not have to water again until the after the seeds sprout as long as it doesn't take too long to germinate. But I agree with above, impossible to say exact how often to water. Too many variables.

jacob

with my peat pots I didn't soak them initially but they were a bit wet to begin. I think I watered after 5 or 6 days a bit (which wasn't even necessary). That was the only watering I gave them until they sprouted. You could probably make it 10+ days though without even having to worry about it. If the top is drying out, it doesn't hurt to add a little bit.

Thanks everyone. Just from experience with the BioDome, the sponges stay damp all the time from the bottom watering, but I wanted to ask. With the peat pucks, they sucked up all the water I put in the pan initially, i put more water in the pan and drained the remaining out after 1 hour, then planted the seeds.

If you look at them one day, and your seedling are dried and wilted beyond belief DON'T THROW THEM AWAY. Water them, and gently prop up the seedlings, and you have a 50+% chance of them surviving....it may take a couple of days for them to pull out of it though.

Back