• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

I ordered some bhut jolokias.....

Hi everyone, i ordered some ghost peppers from a certain vendor that will remain nameless. ive been growing the plant indoors with a hydrofarm flourescent, and LED light source. The plant is for the most part healthy, but is producing questionable fruit. Anybody know what type of pepper this is?

thanks

TQx945V.jpg

Please post in the Vendor Vault, and mention the merchant's name there. There's probably already a thread started on him/her, and other folk will benefit from your warning.

There are also a lot of compliments posted for some merchants, and these are the people you want to buy seed from next time. Pepperlover, Semillas, Buckeye and Tasty Peppers seem to head the list of good merchants.

As you get accquainted with folk here, you will find that trading seeds with some members might be an even better source for seeds.

Thankfully, although you didn't get bhuts, you have what looks like some fine and fiery fruit for your kitchen.

On another topic entirely, i gather that you are growing pepper plants specifically for fruit production indoors. There isn't as much of that in this hobby as i thought, and you really should post more about that in the Growing forum. I think you have much to teach me (and other new hobbyists), since your plant looks magnificent.

mikeg said:
Please post in the Vendor Vault, and mention the merchant's name there. There's probably already a thread started on him/her, and other folk will benefit from your warning.

There are also a lot of compliments posted for some merchants, and these are the people you want to buy seed from next time. Pepperlover, Semillas, Buckeye and Tasty Peppers seem to head the list of good merchants.

As you get accquainted with folk here, you will find that trading seeds with some members might be an even better source for seeds.

Thankfully, although you didn't get bhuts, you have what looks like some fine and fiery fruit for your kitchen.

On another topic entirely, i gather that you are growing pepper plants specifically for fruit production indoors. There isn't as much of that in this hobby as i thought, and you really should post more about that in the Growing forum. I think you have much to teach me (and other new hobbyists), since your plant looks magnificent.
Thats really disappointing...sucks you have to invest 7 months of TLC to a plant to only find out you didnt get what you ordered...

i just emailed the company i ordered the seeds from to hopefully get some sort of resolution. Id like to give them a chance to make me "whole" before i post anything negative about them. Unfortunately ive only NOW come across alot of the negative reviews this company has gotten. Anyways Ill wait and see. got my fingers crossed!

Some of you guys are quick to pile on poor old Dale. Who knows maybe it was his butt buddy up north that sold the seeds. After all DB is certified and what not.

Just a little follow up, i contacted Pepper Joe, about my unhappiness with a ghost pepper that comes out looking like a red savina habenero. To make a long story short hes going to send me another packet of ghosts. So i wont bash on the guy too much, his customer service was very reasonable and did come through! Now its only a matter of how long it will take for the seeds to get to me, and see how they turn out. Stay tuned.

someguy said:
.....and you have jalapenos this time.

Haha! :rofl:

Hopefully he doesn't screw you over again. There are plenty of vendors here who have top notch products. Pepperlover.com, Buckeyepepper.com and ChilePlants.com are a few that won't do you wrong.

My offer still stands and I can hot foot some chocolate or peach bhut (ghost) seeds to Canada if you're worried that these might not grow true.

TrueNorthReptiles said:

Haha! :rofl:

Hopefully he doesn't screw you over again. There are plenty of vendors here who have top notch products. Pepperlover.com, Buckeyepepper.com and ChilePlants.com are a few that won't do you wrong.

My offer still stands and I can hot foot some chocolate or peach bhut (ghost) seeds to Canada if you're worried that these might not grow true.
gotta agree with TRUENORTH !    best not to waste anymore time !     :onfire:

Back