• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense I Review The Trinidad Scorpion Butch T

Hey

i review the butch t.The flavour wasnt for me, but by god this F**ker was HOT!!

as always i would love to hear your feedback, good or bad.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKSXUZ7yxuY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Cheers
George

Good review George. Nothing that 100 more reviews won't polish up a little. Like to hear a little more on the flavor and how it varies from start to finish. Still good review non the less. Keep up the good work.

actually the butch t is the first superhot i tried that i struggled to give progressive commentary on. it tastes fucking awful! the only change is the bitterness tails off later.
i found the flavour very uncomplex.
being a pro brewer and beer judge myself i dont feel lacking it my ability to find and describe flavour. the shitty flavour you get at first, doesnt get better sadly.

but point taken. i realise that i sometimes struggle in my reviews to say what im experiencing. but then again - really difficult to do so when you eat something that hot! im gonna try improve it
Cheers!

great review look forward to seeing more. it took me a while to get up the nerve to try  my first supper hot.

Can I be frank in my critique?

I watched the first 5 minutes of the review, and was pleased that the reviewer stayed focused on the pod's flavor, and not on his own painful experience, which so many poor reviewers are wont to do.  But, in the end, what new information, or data, did he bring to his review that 20 other reviewers haven't already presented, and perhaps, even better?  I'm just trying to understand this temptation whereby virtually anyone feels qualified to review a pod simply because he has one in his possession.  I guess it's just fun, right?

i still think the peach ghost scorpion i tested was hotter.. ;)

butch t is such an aggressive burn!

I've still got 7 pot browns ripening, that review is gonna be horrific!

Roguejim said:
Can I be frank in my critique?

I watched the first 5 minutes of the review, and was pleased that the reviewer stayed focused on the pod's flavor, and not on his own painful experience, which so many poor reviewers are wont to do.  But, in the end, what new information, or data, did he bring to his review that 20 other reviewers haven't already presented, and perhaps, even better?  I'm just trying to understand this temptation whereby virtually anyone feels qualified to review a pod simply because he has one in his possession.  I guess it's just fun, right?
Personally i do it because im a foodie and a brewer. i want to understand the flavour first hand and think about how id go about applying flavours in food or beer.
Yep, hard to bring about any new information about a chilli thats been hot topic for a few years now. its a hobby/interest. 

I think it does make someone qualified. if you can manage to eat one and talk about it, sorry it didn't quite do it for you.

Has anyone got tips for how to improve my next review?
I have a chocolate habanero and 7 pot brown to test. Would like to make them great, rather than go through the pain for no reason (the hottest I did was a ghost scorpion and no one watched it, I learned a lot but I almost felt I wasted my time prepping and having to cope with it.) I want to learn and improve, so would love some feedback.
Cheers

I am interested in the fact you are a professional brewer.  That must give you a unique position to come from when analyzing hot peppers.  Perhaps you could develop a hot pepper "score card" that you complete for taste, aroma, heat, texture and any other relevant info, in each review?  It would also help to keep the format fairly consistent meaning I know what I can expect from one of your reviews before watching it..

great idea!
Its difficult to score at the moment, because i havent eaten that many superhots yet. (beer on the otherhand!...)
I'll definitely bear it in mind next time.
Cheers!

I thought it was a fine review.  As you mentioned, it's going to be hard to say anything that hasn't already been said about most pods, so coming up with something "NEW" is tricky.  I think that coming at it from a brewer's perspective might put you out there to an audience that's not already over saturated.  As far as "being qualified"...?  I say if you have a superhot and want to attempt to eat and review it, you are qualified :)  You gotta be a bit "crazy" to even attempt to eat one of these pods.  Above all things.... Have a good time.  If it's something that you enjoy doing, keep at it.

Robisburning said:
I am interested in the fact you are a professional brewer.  That must give you a unique position to come from when analyzing hot peppers.  Perhaps you could develop a hot pepper "score card" that you complete for taste, aroma, heat, texture and any other relevant info, in each review?  It would also help to keep the format fairly consistent meaning I know what I can expect from one of your reviews before watching it..

Brilliant. +1

georgej said:
Has anyone got tips for how to improve my next review?
I have a chocolate habanero and 7 pot brown to test. Would like to make them great, rather than go through the pain for no reason (the hottest I did was a ghost scorpion and no one watched it, I learned a lot but I almost felt I wasted my time prepping and having to cope with it.) I want to learn and improve, so would love some feedback.
Cheers

Peach link please?

Robisburning said:
I would say to all those that suggest you're are not qualified to review, how are they qualified to review a reviewer?
+a million. Self-righteousness is a poor quality

Back