I say BOOO To Florida bottle laws

[font=Arial']Why can't I get a 30 rack, or a bottle over 32oz here in swampland??[/font]

[font=Arial']This is never what the Spaniards intended upon settling in such a land. What would they say?[/font]

[font=Arial']So now I have to buy a case plus a 6er to drink 30 beers. There is a lot of energy being wasted tearing open boxes that could be expended in the drinking process.[/font]

[font=Arial']How can I be gansta sippin on only a 32oz bottle wrapped in a paper bag that is too large for the bottle??[/font]

[font=Arial']These are the important questions we should be seeking answers to.[/font]

True. I've only seen Albertsons selling vodka in their stand alone liqour stores though. I would love to save a trip and just check out some bottles of liqour with my groceries. Ain't seen that yet though.. Some day.

They do sell booze in convenience stores here though, and that was unheard of up north where I grew up.

In CT we are finally able to buy alcohol on Sundays from 10-5 for about 2 months now. Liquor stores (or Package stores in CT) are only open till 9pm used to be 8pm until this year as well. Liquor Laws are weird

Out here on the left coast I can buy a 36 pack, underwear, a lawn chair, and a head of lettuce all in the same store.
Which reminds me, I need to pick up some tire shine and a birthday card on the way home, again, all at the same store.

That's right. Packy runs are a thing of the north.

I moved from MA 6 years ago to FL and when I would say something along the lines of "I gotta stop at the package store" people thought I was going to the UPS store, or just looked at me as though we were no longer speaking the same language.

That's right. Packy runs are a thing of the north.

I moved from MA 6 years ago to FL and when I would say something along the lines of "I gotta stop at the package store" people thought I was going to the UPS store, or just looked at me as though we were no longer speaking the same language.

I started to type about packy runs and didnt think many would get it -

heh... funny story... My family was given a land grant by the King of Spain, from lake Okeechobee in the south, to Pensacola in the North.

We support such laws, because now you have to buy 48 cans, or two 32 oz bottles...

real "gangsta's" have a 32oz bottle in each hand.

Just kidding about the last two lines.

I suspect its to try and keep the hobo's from becoming alcoholics... Though its based upon poor logic.

It's an Islamic thing. The people that own that circus need to take your freedom away, replacing it with Free+Dumb, so "they" won't hate you any more :rofl: .
If it has a door and a cash register I can get it there. I think the law here states that if you're tall enough to see over the counter you can buy(or sell) a bottle of liquor and a box of pain pills. :shh:

Here in Pa you need to go a beer distributor for beer and a wine and liquor store for (go figure) wine and liquor. Up until a few years ago you could not buy beer on a Sunday unless you got carry out from a bar (2 six pack max) and the only bars that could be open on Sundays had to have X percentage of their sales from food (don't remember exact percentage but it was pretty high) or private clubs which were not permitted to do carry out.

That no booze on sunday crap, is crap!

In MA it used to be no booze on sunday, but they smarted up and now you can buy it.

Here in FL, no booze on sunday UNTILL 12pm. Sometimes this also proves inconvenient to the Bucs fans waiting to get their tailgate on before games.

Yeah PA is finally getting away from some of its Puritan ways. Beer distributors are allowed to be open from I think 12 to 5. Not sure about liquor store hours. So it's a little better than it was, but I would love to be able to get a case of beer and a bottle of vodka at my local grocer.

in PA the main central stores are allowed to be open from 12-5, but the satellite stores are not

every county has their own, York county has the one on Eastern Blvd, Lancaster County has the one on Fruitville Pike, Dauphin county is the one out on West Shore if I remember right

Beer distributors on sunday are allowed to be open from 12-9, but its up to the discretion of the owner

As of June we (Washingtonians) can buy liquor in the grocery stores from 6am-2am 7 days a week. Its cool but nuts. The shelf price says $18 but the tax is 75ยข on the dollar. So it ends up being over $30. That's for cheap liquor too.

jesus christ

75% tax

thats absolutely insane

I can get a bottle of Crown Russe shit vodka for 11.19 for a 1.75L

Yeah Wheebz pretty damn stooped...... that's what happens when we vote to take the state out of the liquor biz and let everyone start selling it......

Back