• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I think I've found a MH/HPS system...Ordered my system today!

Well, it looks like the Sun Systems isn't going to happen.  After around 18 texts with the seller, who came across as a stereotypical teen canna-head, I asked for his address.  Here's how it went, typos included:

I'll meet you at 1205 plaza Blvd central point don't know when yet

Me: Will I be able to plug it in there?  Is this a house, or something else?

Ya I have a power converter in the car but I can take it to my buddies house due z move chill environment.

Me: Keep it.  I'm not meeting anyone in a parking lot.  Done.

Ok I live out of town but that's fine good day

So, I'll be looking at the $20 unit that needs a plug.  We'll see.  More later.

rebelgrower3 said:
If you have a strong place to hang the whole unit you will just need to wire a plug to plug it in. If not you will have to separate the ballast from the hood and socket. As for as how far to keep it from seedlings I'd say about 2' above them.
Would I have any issues trying to cover a 4x4 area using the existing hood/reflector? I think I would line the inside with either foil, or some other material. I've learned they are wired for 110.

It should cover a 4x4 area fine. I wouldn't line it with anything the inside should have a reflective surface. These bulbs get hot and it would be hard to make anything stick to the inside.

Roguejim said:
I want to begin by thanking everyone who has responded to my seemingly endless questions, regardless of the thread, and there are several.  Anyway, I can stop obsessing over it now.  I ordered this system below.  It is within my budget, so, we'll see how the plants like it, now.  Hopefully, it will serve me well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400-watt-HPS-GROW-LIGHT-400w-System-Hydroponic-sun-lamp-/120462772924?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item1c0c240abc
thank god... lol

looks like a good system to me.

Back