• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

I think Pepper Joe messed this one up

This plant is supposed to be a red scotch bonnet. I got a 3 pack (yellow, orange, red SB). The yellow and orange leaves look like my other chinense (Bahamian goat, reaper, scorpion, ghost - that are not from PJ). The red looks more like my poblano and cayenne. It hasn't flowered yet. Can anyone say with certainty that this is or is not a chinense?

Black Cobra being an annuum has been referenced.  However, the plant usually shows some hints of black/purple in the leaves and stalks.  I don't see any black/purple at all.  Black Cobra has (edit) PURPLE flowers too.  Let us know what pans out.  
black%20cobra_zpsclrrvjpp.jpg

I agree with D3, you'll be getting a lot of guesses. In my opinion, it looks like a Capsicum Baccatum. I'm growing a Bishop's Crown. The leaves look similar and it looks like yours has squared stems, just like mine. I don't think the edges of my leaves are furry, though.

uBUYjba.jpg

-Adam

The Hot Pepper said:
Buying PepperJoe's was like buying a hardware store with all the nuts and bolts in the wrong drawers.

However if you do indeed have an issue I am sure they will take care of you.

You got that right.
If that owner hasn't figured out how to fix the cross polination and mishandling of the seeds, it won't really help the situation.

So assuming someone saw a red, flattened pepper and thought "red scotch bonnet" I'm thinking I have either a Bishop's crown or a Brazilian starfish...

Excited to see what I get but very anxious

austin87 said:
So assuming someone saw a red, flattened pepper and thought "red scotch bonnet" I'm thinking I have either a Bishop's crown or a Brazilian starfish...
Excited to see what I get but very anxious
That is entirely possible. When I first got my Bishop's Crown 3 years ago from the local nursery, it was labeled "Red Mushroom Pepper". Red Mushroom peppers are often sold as Scotch Bonnets, as you know. So you might be right. I've never tried the Starfish, but everybody in the house loves Bishop's Crown. This will be exciting to see what you have!

-Adam

Back