• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I try to tackle a chocolate hab

Ignore all the old computer parts on the walls. Also I had the camera a bit higher than the screen so I found it kind of odd I found myself glancing up and then back at the monitor. Anyway no matter. I have sort of survived. My stomach is burning a little now but nothing bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIG5BWOS1SE

Great video and nice collection of superhots. I only had one Choc Hab so far and really loved the taste. Can't wait to get more. I found it to be one of the tastiest of all the chiles so far.

Thanks. I really like the chocolate habs as well. Its probably my second favorite pepper in terms of taste. I like the Bonda Ma Jacques first. If I ever get the nerve, I might do one of those. After sending one to Nagacanario and watching him eat it, I am a bit leery of trying a whole one.

Great video and nice collection of superhots. I only had one Choc Hab so far and really loved the taste. Can't wait to get more. I found it to be one of the tastiest of all the chiles so far.

Nice Video, I can see your hooked… maybe a Level IV addiction already... you will be eating a Dorset Naga in no time... you will. You can't hide from yourself. I think we should start a pool, 1 dollar a person guessing when you eat your first superhot. Hehehehe Chocolate Habs are definitely on the Hottest side of habaneros. I think you will do fine with the bonda, I did not find it hotter than a Chocolate Hab and neither did the other guy in my video. Go for it.

Ok well maybe the Dorset because at least the ones I'm growing seem smaller than the Naga Morich and Bhut. For sure the 7 pods and scorps will be the last thing I ever do. Thats after skydiving without a parachute.

Nice Video, I can see your hooked… maybe a Level IV addiction already... you will be eating a Dorset Naga in no time... you will. You can't hide from yourself. I think we should start a pool, 1 dollar a person guessing when you eat your first superhot. Hehehehe Chocolate Habs are definitely on the Hottest side of habaneros. I think you will do fine with the bonda, I did not find it hotter than a Chocolate Hab and neither did the other guy in my video. Go for it.

For sure the 7 pods and scorps will be the last thing I ever do. Thats after skydiving without a parachute.

Well let me suggest... if you do do the skydiving thing you might as well pop a Scorpion AND a 7 Pod at the same time before you jump. (don't forget the head cam... Heheheh)

After seeing Ed's description of your Scorps, I think we all will want to book a flight on your charter flight before having one. Where did you get your Scorp seeds from?

LOL funny :) Well the seeds came from that chilliseed.co.uk site or something like that. Its a pretty big website and they have quite a lot of seeds. Most of my seeds turned out except for one or two which I suspect were old. If you want some seeds, I can cut open a pod and try pulling some out and send it your way. You can then torture yourself next season with these crazy things :)

Well let me suggest... if you do do the skydiving thing you might as well pop a Scorpion AND a 7 Pod at the same time before you jump. (don't forget the head cam... Heheheh)

After seeing Ed's description of your Scorps, I think we all will want to book a flight on your charter flight before having one. Where did you get your Scorp seeds from?

Good Job SV. You handled it quite well dude. The sound on the vid wasnt too bad at all. I dont mind the taste of the chocolate hab either. They also make a nice powder.

I've grown several superhots this year and the Choc Hab was my favorite, I have a friend that has eaten several of my peppers and he says the same. It's a must grow.

great job contour! i told you you could do it. it's all mental. you can do the dorset as well. they're not that bad. you can do a bonda as well.they're not hotter than chocolate hab. a few weeks ago you were convinced you couldn't do it. see the change already! just roll with it from there. keep doing it and you'll be on7pods in no time!it gets addicting.keep them coming.

Well you know what I will do. I will do the Bonda next and see how she goes then next week I will have a beer, tell myself its mind over matter (which it is really) and just do it. I've done a 1/4 to a 1/3 of one before and that was a few weeks ago. I will defeat the Dorset. I must admit, its a little bit of a rush. I mean not the actual eating of it, but the mental preparation to just do it. The fear. LOL.

great job contour! i told you you could do it. it's all mental. you can do the dorset as well. they're not that bad. you can do a bonda as well.they're not hotter than chocolate hab. a few weeks ago you were convinced you couldn't do it. see the change already! just roll with it from there. keep doing it and you'll be on7pods in no time!it gets addicting.keep them coming.

Thanks :) Looking back, I wonder if me having a beer an hour or two before (went out for wings and beer with friends) might have numbed me a bit. Well non the less, yes I did manage this one much better than I thought. I did feel some burning in the stomach an hour later and that lasted for about an hour...but it wasnt anything extreme. Just a nice glow. LOL.

Right on! Great vid, you conquered the choc hab with no problems.

Chocolate hab powder. Yes that does sound pretty awesome. I wish I had more of them. I have 2 plants but they are quite small compared to the others I have. Each is in its own 3 gallon container. I will overwinter them for sure and next season, I'll put them in 5 gallon ones. Hope they pick up. I would really enjoy having tons of these.

Good Job SV. You handled it quite well dude. The sound on the vid wasnt too bad at all. I dont mind the taste of the chocolate hab either. They also make a nice powder.

Back