• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I try to tackle a chocolate hab

Chocolate hab powder. Yes that does sound pretty awesome. I wish I had more of them. I have 2 plants but they are quite small compared to the others I have. Each is in its own 3 gallon container. I will overwinter them for sure and next season, I'll put them in 5 gallon ones. Hope they pick up. I would really enjoy having tons of these.

I'm pretty new to the growing scene, what do you mean by overwintering your peppers?

Thanks, and great video you looked like you were enjoying your heat while showing off your great stash.

Well I know some people will let their pepper plants die in the cold or winter and then they start again. Some like myself will try and keep it alive by bringing them indoor. Next spring I will hopefully have a plant already thats pretty big so it will get a good jump start to growing me more fruit :)

To keep the plants alive, i use a few flourescent lights. I'm sure the plants will not be totally happy. They will drop leaves, drop flowers and even swear at me quietly (LOL) but as long as they dont die, I'm happy :)

I'm pretty new to the growing scene, what do you mean by overwintering your peppers?

Thanks, and great video you looked like you were enjoying your heat while showing off your great stash.

they don't really die , they go dormant. once production slows and night time temps are 50 degrees or slightly below consistantly the leaves yellow , some drop then its on it's way to dormancy. i'v seen your cfl light set up contour. you can probably keep them going right through the winter and pollinate with Qtip.

You think they might produce? I was running the 4 23W CF lamps (6500K) with the round reflectors. I will get sun through the window as well. They grew pretty well but I was thinking now that they are big plants that they might want a ton more light. That would be awesome though if I can get some fruit over the winter :) I think you were the one who suggested the manual pollinating long ago and I tried it. Its what finally gave me pods on my Dorset :) Once they went outside, there was no problem. I guess thats due to bees and other bugs doing their thing...

they don't really die , they go dormant. once production slows and night time temps are 50 degrees or slightly below consistantly the leaves yellow , some drop then its on it's way to dormancy. i'v seen your cfl light set up contour. you can probably keep them going right through the winter and pollinate with Qtip.

Back