• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce iBurn - Finally a REAL hot sauce place in Houston!

Kind of a review. Just found about a REAL hot sauce place in houston. Its run by James Wreck from EatMoreHeat. Its a brand new brick and mortor store on Bellaire. I do not work for them but found them via facebook.

Never met James Wreck before. He was a super nice guy.  The variety of sauces are amazing! They have some THP member's sauces there, even the Black Label Lucky Dog hot sauce that just came out!!! They had the whole line of heart breaking hot sauces, spices, and jams too.

James has tried every hot sauce they sell to make sure they aren't selling junk like other hot sauce places. I am proud to help spread the word!

http://eatmoreheat.com/iburn/

Nice pepper mural outside
null_zpse45b07e9.jpg

Store front
null_zps60e92aae.jpg

What i got
null_zps05f96732.jpg

iBurn is OPEN!  :woohoo:

Their Grand Opening party is Oct 5 2013....10am-7pm....

VERY NICE STORE!

Hope they can keep enough business to stay open. There are not too many people I have seen that go into sauce stores. It would be a shame for it to close because of lack of buisiness, but you are in Texas.

On a positive note, it looks cool enough to attract them in and get them interested in trying something new.

Wish I was in your shoes so I could go there!

Cool. I'll have to stop by next time I go to Houston to visit fam. 

PD - It's Houston. Kind of a whole different country. The shop should do well!

Yup, i think he will do well too. He is going to be on the local news and at the Houston Hot Sauce festival this weekend, so word of his store should spread soon. 

I love the fact i can get these sauces without paying the shipping costs. He mentioned he is in talks with City of Houston to get a permit to be able to have a tasting table so people can taste before they buy. Great idea!

compmodder26 said:

Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind more than once.  Unfortunately, just not in a position to do it at the moment.
That I can understand, one of the largest in the world is right near me....

Being able to do tasting is pretty easy - he'll need a hand-washing station, and a county health permit. Of course there may be state-specific details (health dept varies state to state) but that's the gist of it. Hopefully they get that going soon - a taste is worth 1000 words. 

Apparently in TX they'll also need to redesign the interior of the shop like a restaurant with drop ceilings and all that. Ouch - I heard from one of the owners yesterday. They'll be getting it going, but what a pain in the butt. 

Back