• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

ID me please.... my 5ft tall pepper plant

we've had these peppers for the past 5 years... dont know what it is.. some sort of thai chili??? is it LABUYO?? whats the scoville on these things....gonna chop off a good chunk.. seem to grow all year long...

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

Damn KiNGDeNNiZ!! I don't know what it is, but it's an Amazing Plant/Tree. Hoping it's Labuyo, I'm growing it for the first time this year. Wont get results like your's though. The U.P. has a hint different growing conditions.........

Look forward to finding out what it is. Might have to talk to you about trade later :)

pequin

the master has spoken.. if ALABAMA says its PEQUIN.. then its ALABAMA PEQUIN.... anyone else thinks its pequin.. or labuyo??

i dont think its siling labuyo i have a friend who grew it labuyo is not hairy, yours seems to be a little hairy could be a c. preatermissum species, it looks alot like a wild species, it could also be "chunpepe" (PI 406847) a species similar to tabasco, im growing it this year i got the seeds for it from someone from Honduras and its a c. frutescens species the name "chunpepe" is actually the Honduran name for it and is also the crytozoolgical name for a mythological animal from that country, its supposed to be turkey-like
those are my two guesses
sorry if i got a little too deep im good for that now and then
hope this was a little helpful, take this info and check it out against your plant maybe we have a winner!!

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks for the replies to everyone. I guess my dad will be disappointed that he doesn't have Labuyo. Guess time to continue the search for Labuyo seeds. Any chances of me moving this thing anywhere else. Because with it. Ring next to my veggie garden. It's gettin over watered.

Back