• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod ID this pepper

The ""Pepper X"" LOL!

I know this pepper probably doesn't even exist. I got the seeds from my brother who bought the seeds from a seller in ML (brazilian version of eBay).
The seller say in his ad that the seeds are imported from UK, the packaging is in the first photo.
I know it's hard to identify but I would like to hear THP members opinions...

gz97W0.jpg

gHGy57.jpg

gHte9o.jpg

gHGGEr.jpg

gHtnL9.jpg

gSpk0z.jpg

gz94sF.jpg

gz9KD3.jpg

Thanks!

The ""Pepper X"" LOL!

I know this pepper probably doesn't even exist. I got the seeds from my brother who bought the seeds from a seller in ML (brazilian version of eBay).
The seller say in his ad that the seeds are imported from UK, the packaging is in the first photo.
I know it's hard to identify but I would like to hear THP members opinions...

gz97W0.jpg

gHtnL9.jpg

Thanks!

That Pepper X & eBAY sounded so familiar!

_
I bought this from ebay and seeds came from the Italy seller. I just wanted be sure what is it? It does not look anything I have ever seen? I'm doing taste test end of the week and I can then is it hot or very hot. I think its gonna be atleast super hot category. What you guys think?

Pepper X was once touted as the world's hottest.
I see this ''Pepper X'' hype has gone too far... LOL
I'm growing Big Olive Mama and Big Mustard Mama this season so... I will be able to compare the pods in the future.

Hi Miikka!

Too bad you also bought these seeds thinking they are the ""Pepper X"" the pods of your plant are quite similar to the pods in my pics probably they came from the same source.
But for me is not a totally deception at least it seems to be pretty hot like a Bhut Jolokia the pods have interesting shape and color I think it's worth the experience of growing the plant. 👍

Whatever it is (and it looks good btw!) it is not the so called "Pepper X" as a cross with a huge hype would surely not be released and sold on ebay!!

@Alex_K do u have pictures from the start? I want to know what this variety looked at with the cotyledon and true leaves. I just successfully crossed this with Peach Bleeder F4 that has bleeding calyx.

Last edited:
@Karpasruuti

Unfortunately I only have the photos that I have already posted on my GLOG as I started the seeds of this particular variety before I participate here at THP...
Despite the variation in shape, now my plant is producing pods that resemble even more like yours I hope you get an interesting result in this new cross, especially if you manage to keep the "bleeding calyx" characteristic.

tAz3ak.jpg

That is unfortunate. I didn't find any photos on my "PepperX" at the very beginning. Or some nice color change 🙂 they both are very tasty and sometimes they smell sweet melon or fruit.

Edit. Did it look like this? This may be the pepper? I haven't archived this correctly. It may be it but not sure.
IMG_20210322_092759954.png

Last edited:
From the picture it's hard to tell if it's really the variety, it's probably a C. chinense but I can't determine the variety since at this stage they are all very similar. 😕

Back