• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

ID this plant please

Hi everyone, first time grower. I'm a total noob at growing things. I bought this pepper plant in Toronto China town last year. It has been growing since last summer, I brought it inside and put it on my pattio window. It has always been slim and weak. Is there anything I can do to make it grow bigger and stronger? I feed it Miracle-gro solution every 2 weeks or so, but the branches are still flimsy. Should I trim it down?

5d8f7m.png

Looks like a species I have grown called super chilli its an annum.

Thats funny stuff. I have a plant i got last year, super chili...have a posted on here somewhere about it. Found a pepper after the snow melted..for shits and giggles thought I would germinate (or try) about 20 seeds. Amazingly (oh yea, that is the name of the post, amazing seed) all but 2 germinated.

When I saw this picture, I thought that to but mine were far shorter and bushier than this..so didnt think it was it.

here is a pic of a super chili plant...mine were 15-18" tall
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/86801/

my sentiments exactly. My super chiles from last season looked like your plan, but shorter and bushier. It looks like you have it tied to chairs, training the growth upward. The greed is awesome. This year, I have a 100% germination rate (8 for 8) from seeds I collected from last years crop. I am looking forward to the new plants, as a poster reminded me that snce kI bred from a hybrid, the next generation will not be exactly the same, and they may have crossed in my garden.

Back