• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

issue Identification of black spots

Hello, I have a request for your help.
Can anyone tell me what the little black spots on my ghost peppers fruit are?
It looks a little like the red skin is missing there. The other peppers on this plant are normal.

Attachments

• DSC-0144.jpg
    DSC-0144.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC-0147.jpg
    DSC-0147.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 23
Yes, they can occur in this area, but fortunately I have not seen them around.
If this is caused by this pest, does the pepper remain edible after I cut off this black part, or do I have to throw it away?
It starts with a bite & then progresses into a sore or the area starts rotting. The Sugar rush strippys were hut hardest, but if you think I will
share my stripeys with a stinking bug NOT! If they are ripe I eat the good parts of the pod.

I did not see that many Stink bugs either, however the SBs attacked my Apples, pears, peaches, peppers & cucumbers. After a look back at
what we used on our plants in seasons past it showed that when we used Surround WP we had very little to no SB damage. Surround is just Kaolin powder used as a Sun/heat protectant & insect repellant. Being an Organic Grower I don't use toxins on my plants so killing SBs is not an easy lift.
1726565820430.png

1726566259059.png

also might be blossom end rot. I believe it to be a calcium deficiency.

I thought that at first however many other fruits & veggies were suffering from this spotting & rotting.

SBs don't eat & leave much evidence, they feed move along & the damage occurs after the spittile they inject into the pod starts to work.

SRS with areas of necrosis, not all pods had a rotten end very few in fact.
Pic this season.
1726738990549.png

I had black spots on my Poblanos for the past 3 years, this season I did not pull the plant, thinking it was a disease & left it to grow instead.

3 seasons ago I had Poblanos with spots that rot. This season I left the plant & it grew over 6' & is loaded with pods. Stink bugs ?

Pic 3 seasons ago.
1726739446418.png

Back