• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Identification

Got some free seeds. Said they were ghost peppers. Anyone have a better idea?
069DD351-3E39-47F5-90B2-50DFC9159811.jpeg

Could be habanero, 7 pot or even some unknown Bhut cross as well. Have you tried it yet?

Could be habanero, 7 pot or even some unknown Bhut cross as well. Have you tried it yet?
I’ve tried them and made sauce. Smells and tastes similar to a Bhut but I thought it looks most like 7 pot. Heat is hotter than a bhut to me. Not very floral. Skin is thick and some scrunch up like a scorpion but most haven’t.

So many forms look similar enough to this that I am not able to identify the variety, however 7 pot Jonah is definitely one of the types that looks like that.

This. There are many superhot varieties that can have a similar appearance to the pods in your photo. Brain Strains, Moruga Scorpions, various 7 Pot varieties and more. Unless the person that gave you the seeds has some idea about it, there is unfortunately no way to know for sure what variety that is. Or it might be the result of an accidental cross, and isn't an established variety at all. I would ask the person who gave you the seeds if there was any possibility of a seed mix-up. Or maybe their Bhut plant was grown near other pepper varieties and not isolated? Only they would know.

Yes, identification is our best guesses combined with your own investigation or current knowledge.

Back