• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Identify These bugs?

These bugs are only on one plant.  It could be because they only like that one plant or because its next to an eggplant and there is walking through space next to it.  Either way I need to know if these are helpful or harmful bugs?  I don't know how long they've been on there.  Over a month ago I saw these on this plant and squished them all till there were no more.  Now theya re back.  Oddly enough with all my other plants they aren't on any others.  Any idea what these guys are?

http://imgur.com/a/HSbVx

embedded for easier viewing :3
vwsueBQ.jpg

They will stay on the plant until they have wings . I prefer to squash with my fingers but hold your breath they stink even as youths . 

romy6 said:
 They will stay on the plant until they have wings . I prefer to squash with my fingers but hold your breath they stink even as youths . 

I have cut down the plant at the base and put in a garbage bag.  moved the pot and soil to the other side of my house.
I just inspected and its not on any other plant.  Luckily they were attracted to this one and this one only.  I looked carefully and could not find any sign elsewhere.

THey are what is called Buffalo Trehopper Nymphs I believe.  Luckily they loved that one plant so much they didn't go elsewhere yet.

I find them on my tomato plants sometimes. I just throw a handful of diatomaceous earth on them. They do seem to colonize a single plant at any time so it's easier to control them.

Tardis said:

I have cut down the plant at the base and put in a garbage bag.  moved the pot and soil to the other side of my house.
I just inspected and its not on any other plant.  Luckily they were attracted to this one and this one only.  I looked carefully and could not find any sign elsewhere.
 Not sure why you cut the plant down ? Just squish them with your fingers. They do not harm your plant . Just the fruit which at that a young age stink bugs do have have the proper tools to hurt your peppers . They are attracted to that plant because that's where there mamma laid her eggs . Just so you know in the future .   

Back