• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Identify this pepper

One of my colleagues originates from Hungary, she likes spicy foods just as much as I do, so we're constantly comparing eachothers peppers & hotsauce. Now she went back to Hungary for a week, and when she returned, she brought me some mild peppers, but the taste is quite nice. unfortunately, she wasn't able to tell me what kind it is, so I hope you guys & girls can help me identify them...

HungarianpepperLarge.jpg

The CD is in there to give an idea of the size.

Could be some Kalocsai variety, there are several as far as I know. That's all that comes to my mind. Well, on the other hand... just because they were bought in Hungary does not necessarily mean it's a hungarian variety...

Looks like a Hungarian Hot Wax or Banana variety to me..they can be 6-9" long easy

IIRC, they start yellow and turn red later.

I agree, Quad, i got given one of these the other day, it was not hot at all though. My research concluded with the hungarian wax pepper.

Lots of folks grow them in the u.k inc me and they grow thick and thin sometimes similar to Hot banana and other banana types..anyway its a year of weird pod types :lol:

Back