• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

IGG (Passow) Grow Log Part 5 08-30-2008 - Things Are Beautiful

Do you use the leaves to roll the cigars too or is the havana just for the filler(smoking material)? I was advised to pull off all the flower tops on my tobacco to encourage more vegetative growth but now I'm wishing I had of left them on.

POTAWIE said:
Do you use the leaves to roll the cigars too or is the havana just for the filler(smoking material)? I was advised to pull off all the flower tops on my tobacco to encourage more vegetative growth but now I'm wishing I had of left them on.
Yep, use the leaves as the outside as well. If you let it go to flower, it produces side shoots as well...more leaves! Plus the amount of seeds you get from one plant is in the 1,000s..... :shocked:

POTAWIE said:

I was told they always used the lower couple sets ofleaves(called lugs) for cigars only.

Back