I'll Be A Whole Drum Corps Myself Soon

Around here we have what I call "Metal Pickers". They are folks that drive around on the day before trash set out day and also on trash day and scavenge anything that's metal in the junk and turn it in for it's salvage value. I stopped one about a week ago and asked him if he ever saw Weber grills being thrown out, to which he replied "Every now and then." I told him that I'd give him $10.00 for every lid that he brought me and he agreed to do so. Well yesterday I received my first lid from him and today he brought me another, promising at least another two in the next couple days. I've already received so many requests for smoked meats from the people that my wife works with that I figure that I'm going to need at least another two drum smokers for myself and I decided to build another one to take up to our lake place for when I feed up to 50 people on holiday cookouts.
After that, I may just go into business building and selling a few of them. Oh.......I forgot to mention, my buddy across the street told me that he can get me all the brand new drums I want from the company he works for, for $30.00 apiece. No burning or wire brushing, just a good scrub, a rinse and a seasoning cook and they're ready.

Sounds great meat....I hope these people are planning on contributing financially to the meat they are getting??

Can't wait to see the line up....

Oh yeah, they'll pay Pip. They're offering $10.00 for a fattie and if I get the sausage to make them in bulk from a butcher, I'll get it for about $1.40 lb. So for a 2 lb fattie that's $2.80 + charcoal, spices and whatever I fill them with. I can get 8 fatties in the UDS and run 3 batches through it back to back on one load of charcoal, so I'm figuring to make close to $5.00 apiece on them. I got a couple buddies that smoke cater and they can give me ideas for prices on other meats. I'm gonna load the smoker up with 6 turkeys pretty soon for Thanksgiving. Those will sell like hotcakes.

MichChef said:
And why would that be Armadillo? She gonna put you to work makin' and sellin' drum smokers or smoking and selling meats?

Nope! She would be afraid that I might get some ideas! That one ugly drum in the garage waiting to become a smoker already pisses her off enough...:lol:

How long has it been there 'Dillo? Do we need to start a counter? It hasn't been 189 days has it?

I don't know Armadillo, I think that once you aquire the drum, you're on the clock. Should never have told us you have one.:rofl:

Back