I'm back (or so I thought...)

I haven't been here in a while, so I decided to give it another go (I stayed away because the segregated "extreme" part of the site didn't set too well with me - made me think of George Orwell's book "Animal Farm"...you know, the one where "all animals are equal...except for pigs" - I'm certain that there is good, valuable & useful information in that "area" that us non-dues-paying "low-life's" are not privy too.  Seems far more reasonable to me that us "low-lifes" should be able to at least read the content of the topics contained in that sacred area - banning us from actively participating (i.e., responding to) in the topics is one thing, but denying us even the ability to read the content is IMHO downright despicable).  Sorry, I'm just opposed to "elite" clubs and/or "speicla interests groups" and/or those that are "privileged"...

But to my dismay, now the place is full of pop-up advertiements.  I find these ads extremely annoying. They're as bad as those extremely annoying constant telephone solicitors & "robo-calls" that pester the be-jesus out of me even though all my phone numbers are on the "DO NOT CALL" list ( a lot of good that did, huh?)!

Not sure if I'll be back or not...

ZeekyBanutski said:
I haven't been here in a while, so I decided to give it another go (I stayed away because the segregated "extreme" part of the site didn't set too well with me - made me think of George Orwell's book "Animal Farm"...you know, the one where "all animals are equal...except for pigs" - I'm certain that there is good, valuable & useful information in that "area" that us non-dues-paying "low-life's" are not privy too.  Seems far more reasonable to me that us "low-lifes" should be able to at least read the content of the topics contained in that sacred area - banning us from actively participating (i.e., responding to) in the topics is one thing, but denying us even the ability to read the content is IMHO downright despicable).  Sorry, I'm just opposed to "elite" clubs and/or "speicla interests groups" and/or those that are "privileged"...

But to my dismay, now the place is full of pop-up advertiements.  I find these ads extremely annoying. They're as bad as those extremely annoying constant telephone solicitors & "robo-calls" that pester the be-jesus out of me even though all my phone numbers are on the "DO NOT CALL" list ( a lot of good that did, huh?)!

Not sure if I'll be back or not...
Wow man such negative vibes!! There is no segregation extreme area for people interested in the business side.
It's cheap to become a member and not much goes on in there. No secret handshakes or code word's.
No elite clubs just friends in the community that want to help promote the site and keep it running strong. :)
I'm a disabled vet and live on a very tight budget but was able to join and I love THP this site is like a family just give it a try. Don't worry about the few sites you haven't become part of enjoy the ones that are available to all. That's were 99% of us are anyways.
As for adds these help promote sales for are fantastic business members. Who's products are all top shelf.
Take some time and meet the vendors all exceptional people who really love what they do. And have products you can't find anywhere else!! :)
Adds also help support the site and make it more affordable to members who wish to become paying members.
They don't post over what you're reading or writing so just ignore them if they bother you.
Just take a deep breath and meet some of the crew I assure you you won't be sorry. You'll find no better group of people and make many friends for life!! I couldn't imagine not being part of this wonderful community!!
You'll find none better anywhere! :) So don't sweat the small stuff and give it a real try!! Now get in there and win one for the gipper
images-5.jpeg

oldsalty said:
"...You'll find no better group of people and make many friends for life!!..."
Uhh...yeah - great people here, like:

LUCKYDOG - "Oh well... Dont let the door hit ya"
someguy - "Never met ya. Won't miss ya"
muskymojo - "well...bye"
grantmichaels - "sayonara"

If that's what you call a "warm welcoming committee"...I'd rather have a "a poke in the eye with a sharp stick"...

Okay....... Hope your week gets better. Much love from California. Not sure if you are coming back but I am. Lots of helpful information here and LOTS of amazing members here.

Back