I'm in and starting with Reapers and Cayenne

No kidding there Mitzi

I have not ever seen a stalk as thick as that Reaper from seed - that's why I made sure to post the last pic - so one could easily see that. The leaves are indeed big ol' "palm fronds" - but if that stalk is any indicator of what may come, I'd say the plant is expecting some WEIGHT to be hanging. I'm crossing my fingers like crazy. So much so that I can't even believe I can type this well ! lol

Just had to share this pepper-related image....

WestSidePopper.jpg

Tell me that's not cool !

So here's where things are at in this early part of August. Took these photos yesterday (Aug 6th, 2019) throughout the day.

The pots on the deck railing are the only ones that really get sunlight.

So here's them, and note the Reaper on the far right how it just looks happy - like it's doing jumping jacks or something. I'm pointing that out for a reason...
39 20190806_Reaper Jumping Jacks.jpg

In the evening I notice the Reaper goes to sleep. But every morning I look out even before the sun comes up and it's already up doing exercises again ~
40 20190806_Reaper Sleeps.jpg

So here's the barrels - this is barrel 1 and the only plants that are doing anything are the store-bought anaheim...
You can really see how the super-stressed Reaper seedlings AND even the store bought Reapers just didn't quite get going. Oh well...
41 20190806_Barrel 1.jpg

Barrel 1's anaheim flowers
42 20190806_Bar 1 Anah Flowers.jpg

Barrel 2
43 20190806_Barrel 2.jpg

And for fun Aneheim flowers up close
44 20190806_Anah Flower Zoom.jpg

Even closer - for CaneDog
45 Anah Flower Closer.jpg

I did look at the Reaper on the railing this morning and I saw the flower petals did fall off leaving the start of it's first pepper (I guess). I can only hope that was aided by my flicking the flower gently to knock pollen around in it yesterday.

Jungle Joe said:
And for fun Aneheim flowers up close

Even closer - for CaneDog

That's awesome JJ.  I was looking at the first not-close-up photo thinking to myself, "damn, that's a great picture and really well focused" and all that, and then I saw the next photo caption and you cracked me up.  Man, the white is sooo white on those.

Great to see things happening.  It's almost as though summer started Aug 1 this year around here, so hoping for a good rest of the season to see things pan out.

I figured you'd like that - even considered getting a magnifying glass to snap pics through, but F that - lol

And summer started about 3 weeks ago here in Minnesota. Deluged in rain still, but at least there was heat.

Here's a pic of the Reaper on July 8th - and it didn't really start moving until July 18th - exactly 3 weeks ago...

Reaper on July 8th
46 20190708_Reaper.jpg

Reaper on July 18th - exactly 1 week and 3 days later than the above - and coincidentally, exactly 3 weeks ago from today... dun dun dun: Start of Summer !
47 20190718_Reaper.jpg

Hey there, fellow Minnesotan!  :cool:

Have you thought of moving this to the Glog forum? Or rather starting a new thread there? Kind of odd to have it here. All these gorgeous pictures, it's a shame not to have it in with everyone else's glogs.

internationalfish said:
Hey there, fellow Minnesotan!  :cool:

Have you thought of moving this to the Glog forum? Or rather starting a new thread there? Kind of odd to have it here. All these gorgeous pictures, it's a shame not to have it in with everyone else's glogs.

Hello back towards you, Fish !

I just went on since the beginning and figured if a mod stepped in and re-directed this to where ever it should be - then that would be that...

SO - I went to Hatch for the Chile Festival.

It is a nice town and REALLY gears up in peppers during the Labor day weekend - I am very certain the restaurants all pull out their "Chile Festival" menus that are the same menu with higher prices shown. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion !

The next 3 (or more) posts  - since I can't post DIDDLE without an "extreme membership" (makes me wonder why I even bother to post at all really) - will be of the Hatch Chile Festival that I deemed cool to share....

56 Hatch 1 20190901.jpg

57 Grajeda Farms.jpg

57b Grajeda Ristras 20190901.jpg

And Now - Finally - MY PEPPERS - :P

After getting home yesterday (Sept 3rd) and dumping out ANOTHER 1.5" of rain out of my rain gauge !!!! I am SO lucky I have anything still growing...

ok - nevermind... I'm getting THIS MESSAGE when I try to upload files: You can upload up to 425.38KB of files (Max. single file size: 425.38KB)

425 kilobyte files. ? .

F THAT !

Later everybody !

Jungle Joe said:
And Now - Finally - MY PEPPERS - :P

After getting home yesterday (Sept 3rd) and dumping out ANOTHER 1.5" of rain out of my rain gauge !!!! I am SO lucky I have anything still growing...

ok - nevermind... I'm getting THIS MESSAGE when I try to upload files: You can upload up to 425.38KB of files (Max. single file size: 425.38KB)

425 kilobyte files. ? .

F THAT !

Later everybody !

Tip of the hat to ya!

Back