campaign I'm turning my passion for chili growing into a Kickstarter project!

Hey everyone!
For many years I have been growing chili, tomatoes and all kind of edible stuff. When my friend and I bought a 3D-printer together in 2013, one of the first things I wanted to create was some kind of hydroponic planter. Being an industrial designer, this was a way to combine my big interests of design and growing.

I started prototyping and eventually I created Botanium, a small hydroponic and easy to use planter that fits by a window sill. Since I didn't have any funds, and I wanted to keep it simple, It was almost entirely 3d-printed. I gave some away to friends and family to try out. I was impressed that my dad, notoriously bad at taking care of plants, actually managed to grow a NuMex twilight with a lot of chilies.

Meeting up with two other guys, we set out to make this product a reality. Still the vision is to make a easy to use planter with clean design that grows chilies and herbs FAST.

If you're interested in supporting our upcoming crowdfunding campaign, feel free to go to our webpage http://www.botanium.se
The Kickstarter will launch in about one week.

Thanks!

/Rasmus from Sweden
b08c1ca0563476220afa2b8a6203a8be_original.jpg

Very cool concept and I like the design. Light source will be the only challenge for many, everything I grow near a window leans unless I am very good about rotation.

A very clean design, best of luck!

Handsome design.  What retail price do you expect?

btw - I suspect your father's thumb is a bit more green than you think - that's a nice looking bonchi

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Very cool concept and I like the design. Light source will be the only challenge for many, everything I grow near a window leans unless I am very good about rotation.

A very clean design, best of luck!

Thanks!
Yeah, you are right. The light source is a challenge for some. We might make lamp later that fits Botanium.
cone9 said:
Handsome design.  What retail price do you expect?

btw - I suspect your father's thumb is a bit more green than you think - that's a nice looking bonchi

It's gonna be $39 for the first 100 on Kickstarter, estimated retail price is $79.
Haha, no I have grown the plant on the picture! My dad is not comfortable with cutting it down like I have.

Back