• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

impatient

Just wondering what you guys think. All my peppers seem to be stalled. The fruit seems to have reached its biggest size but it won't ripen. All other growth on the plant has stalled and I think thats the reason. Should I pick some green peppers to maybe send the plant back to a growth stage?

I just Dont like that they stopped growing...I can wait as long as they re still getting bigger..I still love them though :-D

takes a while my friend , but your plants should still be growing . i got pods been full size for a little while but plants continue to grow . when was the last fert ?  :onfire:

I give them fish fertilizer every 2 weeks or so...the leaves are cupped a little so I was thinking I gave them too much. Haven't given them anything in a few weeks although I see some on top of the soil that hasn't made its way down yet

Yep my Carribbean Reds have been full size peppers for a month now and some are just now starting to ripen. I've pick 3 red ones so far but have 100's of green ones on my 40 plus plants.

If they are growing too slow, I zap the heck out of them with ferts and some Epson salts,  My hill garden drains too well and didn't even compare to my side garden.  Zapped it good on a weekly basis for 2 weeks and the plants look wonderful now! (2 1/2 weeks)

gmen16 said:
I just Dont like that they stopped growing...I can wait as long as they re still getting bigger..I still love them though :-D

Haha, I tell my plants every morning that I love them when I go to work.

M

Back