• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense in search fo the "chinense" pepper with the strongest taste

Im looking for a "chinense" pepper with a very strong taste ("floral", and "fruity" too), for a "crossing project".

I didnt tested too much, the most intense for me are:

- Raw: "7Pod Yellow"
- Powder: "But Jolokia"

What are the most intense "chinense" peppers you every tried?

The Yellow Brainstrain has the most fruity flavor of the varieties I have tried. The CARDI Yellow Scorpion is also quite fruity and has some floral notes as well. The most floral chinense I have had is probably the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T. 

Yellow chinenses are your best bet.
I don't like that perfumey chinense aftertaste at all... Bonda Ma Jacques and Scotch Bonnet TFM are two very strong tasting i remember from the past. Bhuts/nagas are my favs and they have a completely different flavor profile to me that i like much more (i would say a little bitter and more 'dry').

Cya

Datil

Thanks for your answeres. I guess i will plant 2 varieties for crossing purposes next year.

I  also had an "Yellow fatalii" that turned out to be an other pepper.

Im not sure, what variety it was but it had an awesome taste, very sweet, fruity and a bit floral. Very fruit (powder smells allmost like bananas and other tropical fruits).

Maybe someone can say what it was?

2i8wrqf.jpg

2im8754.jpg

Back