• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Indian Sanam chilis

Hi,

Anyone know the scofield rating for Indian Sanam dried chilis? I was buying the Byadagi ones to fry and salt. Those are mildly hot but nice to eat one after the other. When I was at the Indian grocery stocking up on curry powders and spices they didn't have the Byadagi, but another one which looks just like Sanam. They are shorter and a bit wider but not fat or round. These are MUCH hotter than the Byadagi. As a matter of fact my wife can tolerate the byadagi but when she took one of these she dove for the fridge and the half gallon of whole milk. :mouthonfire:

Byadagi Chilis:

n1295367878_221778_3238.jpg

Alleged Sanam Chilis:

n1295367878_248804_3229.jpg

My friend of Puerto Rican descent, at work, is eating them right now and suffering but he loves it. :hell:

Okay< I found the answer so I will answer my own question for anyone else's convenience and knowledge.

40,000 Scoville Units

sanaam.JPG

Sanaam Pepper

These peppers are used in traditional Indian cooking. Thin and flat 3 to 5 inch deep red pods. They have a medium heat. (40,000 Scoville Units), and can be chopped up and added to traditional Indian curries. Offer is for 15 seeds.

Tame by your guys' standards, but to me they pack a nice kick as I try to increase my threshold of pain.

Back