• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Indoor Grow?

Complete newbie here!

I've been looking through the posts here but im still uncertain if i can achieve what i want.

NE UK coast here, the weather can be cold all year round so the the idea of growing my own peppers never occured to me.

I stumbled upon this thread recently and it got me thinking:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17945359

Post #94+

So basically, outside growing isn't happening because of the weather.

I have a garage (mainly empty) which is warm in our "summer" but ice cold in the winter.

Oh, there is almost zero light 24/7.

Happy to buy anything i need to get the best results, propagators? lighting ect, maybe up to £500.

I would mainly want to grow suuperhots.

Is this feasible to do, or am i an idiot for even thinking it. :)

If it's possible, any advice on equipment ect would be great.

I grew a lot of small plants in a small closet last year. The only problem I had was the small plants got big so I went from what I thought was enough room for 6 to 3 and they where crowded. I started them off under a 400 watt MH for 12 hours a day and eventually ended up running them in a 400 HPS for 12 hours a day. I did try the 1000 HPS, but because of the size of the closet it just got too hot so I went back down to the 400. The amount of peppers I got from the plants in the closet was almost double of the ones outside, but I probably spent around $30 a month in added electricity running the lights.

Hi there L4H.

I'm in Northamptonshire and have used Growell for hydroponic stuff. They have a massive range of products, quick delivery and not badly priced. I tend to use the forum 'Chillis Galore' which is brit hosted - you may find better help to localised problems there. Also if your after seeds it will be easier for brit members to send them.

600w lights tend to be the most efficient for lumen per watt... You can get a hobby bulb, reflector and ballast for around £70 - £80
Maybe consider using a grow tent too - this will help with keeping them warm in the winter. They are also lined with a reflective fabric and have rails at the top for hanging lights and fans.

Have a look on Growell and get and idea of what your interested in and I'm sure I can help you decide what suits your needs best

Back