• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

lighting Indoor lighting System Question ~ Newbie

:banghead:

You aren't listening are you. ...
We do seem to be getting distracted from the OP in our little debate. ...

Don't worry about it you'll hurt your head. We're covering ground and getting OP's question answered quite well. I'll play the Devils advocate any day, and it's usually to a good end.

Thanks guys.

Would one of these bad boys work for my entire grow area? I have Amazon Prime. Would I notice a difference in my electric bill?

http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

It would cover a 5x5 area easily. 5x7 is stretching it a little. It will still be bright, but the intensity falls off quick as noted in a couple of the previous posts.

any powerful lighting system will cost money to run. 600watts*the number of hours it is on / 1000 will give you the kilowatt hours that you are using. Check your electric bill to find out how much you are paying per kwh. Off the cuff, $20-30/month probably. This is the case no matter what system you buy.

Edit: I came up with $34/month using 16 hours of light at $.119/kwh that I found on the internet.

Or, if you're very rich, you can get some Spectra PANEL like this one :
spectrapanel-120.jpg

It will only cost you $650 each for 0.5m². So you will need 6 of them for the incredible low price of $3900 !! :D

Ok, time to go to bed for me ....

Well I did find $3900 in my couch this morning. Very tempting....

You guys answered all my questions. I'm gonna go with the amazon link above. Thanks!

Back