• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Infinity chilli

Hi guys and girls, not been on here for a while, hope your all well. Just had the Infinity chilli tested and the results were 1,176,182

cheers

Woody
Fire foods

Hey Woody, can you tell us more about the testing procedures. I assume to be considered the hottest by Guiness you'd have to use standards set by Dr.Bosland like testing random pods from random plants and using a mix of all parts of the chile.
And do you know if they used 5 or 6 million SHU for calibration?

Hello mate, i have no idea, all i know is that warwick uni is the only certified testing in the UK, its where the dorset naga is tested etc, i have a excel spreadsheat of data if you can pm me your email i'll send it over.

I'd love Dr Bosland to test them against the Bhut, can somebody pm me his email address.

If Bosland were to test them, he would likely go through the same lengthy process he went through with the bhut, and which he is apparently going through now with the Trinidad Scorpions, and that takes years. I'm not sure he'd want to do this since he'd also have to go throught the stabilization process with this hybrid and then every other super-hot cross that comes along

I have contacted them, and they would need seeds, then grow for three years. I already have two years results so maybe after next years we have enough evidence to proceed with Guiness.
Although the way the chilli world is growing i have no doubt there will be a hotter one down the line, thats what makes growing hot chilis so special.
Heres to trying!

Hi Yooper,
its done on multiple pods, i'm just pleased it was as hot/hotter than last year, i'm sending more samples off later in the year.
here is the test results.

Sample name ppm in dry pepper Scoville Heat Units
NDC C DC total NDC C DC total
Infinity #1 1646 59463 12641 73750 15308 957353 203521 1176182

NDC = nordyhydrocapsaicin
C = capsaicin
DC = dihydrocapsaicin

Hi Yooper,
its done on multiple pods, i'm just pleased it was as hot/hotter than last year, i'm sending more samples off later in the year.
here is the test results.

Sample name ppm in dry pepper Scoville Heat Units
NDC C DC total NDC C DC total
Infinity #1 1646 59463 12641 73750 15308 957353 203521 1176182

NDC = nordyhydrocapsaicin
C = capsaicin
DC = dihydrocapsaicin

Woody,

It is not standard testing. The University needs to grow all other peppers in the same environment like Bhut, 7 pod, Scorpion, Douglah, Infinity at the same time for testing. It is the only way to verify the results not from company grows and send the sample to University to test them.

I am currently having some of my own pods tested at Warwick too, it may not be totally 'official' but it gives still gives you a pretty good idea how hot the pods are.
Woody, all I can say after having tried one of your Infinity pods is that they are damn hot - definitely the hottest pod I've eaten so far :onfire: :woohoo:

Back