• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Infinity

That yel brain looks delicious! I know exactly what your talking about. I always indulged in one cause they taste so good, only to have the heat build up like crazy and almost panic!

GA Growhead said:
That yel brain looks delicious! I know exactly what your talking about. I always indulged in one cause they taste so good, only to have the heat build up like crazy and almost panic!
I gave some Douglahs to a owner of a Mexican restaurant near me that has the hottest sauce around. I went back and asked him how were the peppers? He said he thought he was having a heart attack. The first time having a "super" can shock you for sure.

Speaking of panic, I brought in a yellow Trinidad Scorpion into work today. I know that people say the TS Yellow CARDI isn't very hot, and I do not think these are CARDI. I popped a chunk into my mouth and was greeted with a very pleasant taste, followed by immediate regret, and finally downright panic. I swear it was hotter than the yellow brain strain I ate with dinner last night.

Hiccups, sweat, snot and tears. Didn't last as long as the Infinity, but it took me by surprise.

Yeah, some of the Yellows will suprise you. Cardi is a nice pepper and plant. I had a BS Yellow cross last year, that I am growing this year, that was brutal. It seemed to have good flavor though. I have a few BS Yellow and Infinity crosses this year. See how that pans out. Sometimes this time of the year you are not as immune to the heat as later.

Back