• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Interesting photoperiod fact

I had always thought that plants knew when to flower, etc by the hours of sunlight per day.....wrong!
They go by hours of darkness. Interesting fact I thought. ;)

All plants are different........sometimes a burst of light during the dark period can alter the "beast"...

But as far as pepper plants, they will flower with lights 24/7 . The plants aren't day length sensitive plants......requiring certain lighting requirements to bloom
Flowering house plants, amongst other types of "tropicals" need specific light cycles to trigger the " Flowers "

Greg

Some of the expensive herb is very suscepitible to photo periods, do not think it pertains to pepper plants.

I could be wrong

Some of the expensive herb is very suscepitible to photo periods, do not think it pertains to pepper plants.

I could be wrong

Absolutely not................pour the light on..................just back off on the nitrogen

I think day / night , high / low temperatures are more critical. Our record high temps. in NC this July-August shut down blossoms. Now that temps have moderated, plants are covered with bloom. It will be a chore to get the new pods ripe before the cold weather sets in.

Rained today here in the RGV, temps less than 100....we are seeing some buds too.

Heat is the real killjoy with peppers.

Huh? Mine just bloomed once they had gotten large enough to fork and create some nodes and I haven't seen any variation in that all season.

I could be wrong

I was speaking in general botany terms, I didn't mean peppers specifically. ;)
You are correct about Cannabis though if that was what you were alluding to. If you buy clones too early for outside they will try and flower while it's still vegetative growth season. Found that out this season. :banghead:

Huh? Mine just bloomed once they had gotten large enough to fork and create some nodes and I haven't seen any variation in that all season.

BAH BAM!!!! Trufe right thurr folks!

I was speaking in general botany terms, I didn't mean peppers specifically. ;)
You are correct about Cannabis though if that was what you were alluding to. If you buy clones too early for outside they will try and flower while it's still vegetative growth season. Found that out this season. :banghead:

Well, not to be an ass but... You did post this in the growing hot peppers forum not growing other. :)

Many many plants are affected by day length, temperature or light color. Generally the day length and light color coincide with each other but not always. Peppers are not of these types of plants. They will grow and bloom regardless of light color and temperature(to a certain extent of course). They also do not care about day length(to a certain extent of course) either. As long as they get enough light intensity when they do receive it they will be fine. 4-6 hours of a good strong light is enough for peppers to live and grow although quite slowly...

Back