International Seed Plane ???

I would be more than willing to fund this just to see it happen.  To explain, going to use only two countries to make it easy: US and Australia

Conductor in US and Australia start their trains.  When each country finishes the conductor in Australia sends to the US and the conductor in the US sends to Australia.  Trains start again, but with no request to add because the adding has already taken place.

Riders wouldnt notice a thing different. Could be blended with established trains. Kind of like each country creating a care package for the other.  Customs would probably be something to figure out.

Thoughts?

Be better with sauces, shipping is so much and selection is unique to that area, unlike seeds where they are likely the same varieties. 

The Hot Pepper said:
Be better with sauces, shipping is so much and selection is unique to that area, unlike seeds where they are likely the same varieties. 

Anything really.  My thought was mainly on how many folk from Australia, UK, and Canada are in here.  Your site should be called The International Hot Pepper or something.  But sauces?  Now that would be an expensive ship.

That's the point, consolidation and redistribution for lower shipping fees. Work the math and report back. :D

I would definitely stick to cards for sending seeds, bubble envelopes or packages containing seeds are sure to be nabbed by Australian customs.

Also, in trades with US based members I have always recommend that seeds be kept separate from larger items like sauce to avoid Customs issues, especially at this end.

Unfortunately the cost of sending sauces across the pond is an expensive exercise, but something I do a few time a year. I pay roughly AUD$15 per 11oz/330ml/580 gram bottle, but it is cheaper the heavier the package gets.

I have also found that the postage cost shipping from the US to AUS is considerably more expensive than shipping from AUS  to the US.

I hope this helps,

SR. 

From what I understand, to import seeds to the US you have to get a permit.  Then you send a copy of the permit to the person sending them to you.  I am sure some one here posted that they ordered from CARDI and then went threw all the right steps.  I imagine other countries would have the same sort of rules. So in each country we would need someone to look up and follow the rules.  Probably not all that hard.

Thing is, they would have to really look them up because I doubt a seed train would slip in under the exemptions like the ones in Canada.

Walchit said:
I shipped a bubble envelope to that blonde guy and he received it no problem. His showed up here too.

Yeah, and I've received and sent several others no problemo. In fact, I've never personally been intercepted, but I am apparently damn lucky. For now.

ThatBlondGuy101 said:

Yeah, and I've received and sent several others no problemo. In fact, I've never personally been intercepted, but I am apparently damn lucky. For now.

I was lucky till Taiwan.  Trying to trade with someone there  So far, neither of us can get a thing threw.  Starting to think once you get caught the first time, you address goes into a database for future interceptions.

Back