Introduction to the Garden of Apologies

Hi there,

I've read this forum for a few years, but I'm just registering now. My name's Erik, and I've been growing hot peppers since 2014 in Ontario, Canada.
I started when I got married and moved to the suburbs, and figured backyard gardening would be a fun and productive hobby. Unfortunately, I had a family of raccoons destroy everything except a ghost pepper plant I was growing to try out, so I made a hot sauce with it, brought it to work and one of my Jamaican friends tried it and wanted more.
All 23 bottles of the first batch were gone in 2 days, and Sorry Sauce was born.
In 2017, we sold the house in Burlington and bought an old church in Lebanon, Ontario to have more growing space for our Garden of Apologies pepper farm. We added a small greenhouse in 2021, and our second greenhouse is going up in the spring of 2024.
I've grown a few hundred different types of peppers over the last decade, and I have a few hybrids I'm growing out for fun. My space is open pollinated and my focus is on pod production for hot sauce, so I don't sell seeds (but I do trade on occasion).
I've picked up some pretty good knowledge over the years, but I'm still learning from others all the time.

It's nice to be here.

Erik

Family Fam GIF by Paramount Network

I've been working on my 2024 grow list this morning. Here's what I have so far. The asterisks are peppers I'm growing out myself - the Aji Pology was an aji mango that ripened white and has kept the colour consistent for the last several years, the Marbles peppers are now an F7 of PDN / ghost named after my dead cat, and the Yellow Mustard Scorpion is a yellow scorpion that ripened to olive green with yellow and orange highlights. The Purple Nagas had 2 very different pods last year, so I've saved the seeds to see what happens with them this year. One was red, and the other was pink and much hotter. I know that the simple colour changes aren't properly new varieties, but I've given them different names for my own use to keep things sorted in the garden and seed bank.
*Aji Pology
*Marbles Large White
*Marbles Large Yellow
*Marbles Orange
*Marbles Peach
*Marbles Pink
*Marbles Red
*Marbles Small White
*Marbles Small Yellow
*Marbles Weird Pink
*Purple Naga, Pheno 1
*Purple Naga, Pheno 2
*Scorpion, Yellow Mustard
7 Pot Armageddon
7 Pot Bubblegum, Chocolate
7 Pot Bubblegum, Yellow
7 Pot Caramel
7 Pot Primo, Chocolate
7 Pot Primo, Yellow
Aji Limon
Aji Mango
Aji White Fantasy
Aleppo
Anaheim Orange
Bahamian Beast, Mustard
Bahamian Beast, Peach
Bahamian Beast, Red
Bahamian Goat
Bhutlah Scorpion
Bhutlah, Chocolate
Bhutlah, Mustard
Black Hungarian
Brain Collapse Peach
Brain Collapse Peach
California Reaper
Carbonero
Carolina Reaper x SRTSL
Carolina Reaper, Chocolate
Carolina Reaper, Golden
Carolina Reaper, Purple Peach
Carolina Reaper, Red
Carolina Reaper, Yellow
Cayenne, Buena Mulata
Cayenne, Ho Chi Minh
Cayenne, Long Thin
Cayenne, Monster
Cow Killer
Datil
Death Spiral
Dragon's Breath
Ghost, Jay's Chocolate
Ghost, Peach (white)
Ghost, Red
Ghost, SuperBhut
Ghost, White
Ghost, Yellow
Goat Brains
Goat Brains, Pale Yellow
Habanero, Orange
Habanero, Puerto Rican Yellow
Habanero, Red
Jalapeno, Chernobyl
Jalapeno, La Bomba
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Kraken, Peach
KS Lemon Starrburst
Lucifer's Lemons
Marconi, Red
Moruglah
Naga Smooky Rainbow
Orion
Peach Ghost x Carolina Reaper
Peach Miasma
PMC Medium
Pockmark Peach
Primotalii, Golden
Primotalii, Red
Pseudo Spiral Peach
Reaper Beast Peach
Scorpion, Apocalypse
Scorpion, Chocolate
Scorpion, Chocolate Moruga
Scorpion, Moruga
Scorpion, Moruga Red Monster
Scorpion, SRTSL
Scorpion, Yellow
Scotch Bonnet, Freeport Orange
Sugar Rush Peach
Testanera
Thunderstorm, Orange
Vezenka
Zing

:welcome:

I watched some of your Youtube videos & really like your way of sampling your pods.
No muss no fuss, just cut it desseed it & eat it, just like I sample my pods.

Luna enjoying the smell of her favorites Aji Mango. 🙂

1704547558786.png

I watched some of your Youtube videos & really like your way of sampling your pods.
No muss no fuss, just cut it desseed it & eat it, just like I sample my pods.

Luna enjoying the smell of her favorites Aji Mango. 🙂

1704547558786.png
I love Aji Mangoes. They're great pods, and baccatums grow really well in my climate. Hundreds of pods per plant!

Back