• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Iquitos peppers?

After reading about Cumari peppers and how tasty they are, I decided to order some of them, the Chinense varieties as well as the Praetermissum types.

But one type that I was interested in were the small yellow berry types, called by various names: Yellow Bird, Wild Brazil, Charapita, Cumari...

One that I did order, 'Iquitos' does look similar to the Cumari/Yellow Bird pics I had been seeing.

http://fataliiseeds.net/new-products

But I have not found any more info on this particular pepper, and I have looked.

I did find a story by a guy that may have been eating a similar pepper to this one in the same general are, but I can't guarantee it is indeed the same as an Iquitos:

http://newworldreview.com/?p=1161

Even after checking through various online pepper database sites, I still came up empty for any extra info on the Iquitos pepper.

So if any one has any additional info on this mysterious little pepper, I'd be curious to know more about it.

dvg

Talk to aji joe,he has the wild brazil and others.He sells them very cheap and also may entertain a trade.You will not find a better person than Joe!

Thanks Bhut Camp.

I already have an order with Aji Joe, that I am waiting to arrive, but I might consider trying his Wild Brazil seeds, in the future.

Since there doesn't seem to be too much available info on the Iquitos strain, I'm going to contact the seller directly and see what extra info he can provide with regards to the origins of the Iquitos pepper strain.

dvg

Talk to aji joe,he has the wild brazil and others.He sells them very cheap and also may entertain a trade.You will not find a better person than Joe!
THANKS RICK

YES I HAVE MANY SEEDS FOR THIS SPECIES AND ITS ONE OF MY TOP FAVS

IF YOU WANT SOME PLEAS PM ME THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

Thanks Bhut Camp.

I already have an order with Aji Joe, that I am waiting to arrive, but I might consider trying his Wild Brazil seeds, in the future.

Since there doesn't seem to be too much available info on the Iquitos strain, I'm going to contact the seller directly and see what extra info he can provide with regards to the origins of the Iquitos pepper strain.

dvg
YOUR ORDER IS ON ITS WAY

THANKS AGAIN JOE

Could it be that quitos is a place in Peru and they named the pepper after where they got the pepper from?

Perhaps, someone grew the pepper in Peru and send them the seeds and just called them after the city quitos.

Could it be that quitos is a place in Peru and they named the pepper after where they got the pepper from?

Perhaps, someone grew the pepper in Peru and send them the seeds and just called them after the city quitos.

It could very possibly be something like that Mark.

Quito is the capital city of Ecuador, but Iquitos is the largest city in the Peruvian rain forest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iquitos

When I learn some more about this pepper once I've talked to the seller I'll post what I've found out.

dvg

Just for an update here, Jukka from fatalii.net did get back to me with a bit more info about the Iquitos seeds I had purchased from him.

He had this to say, "Hi!

Iquitos is more "wild" type I've seen. It has very small pods and the taste is much stronger than other small chinenses I have tasted.

It originates from Amazonas, Peru.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
-J
fatalii.net"

I suppose once I'm able to grow these out and sample them, I'll have a much better idea about this strain, but it does sound intriguing. ;)

dvg

Back