• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

IRONITE FOR HOT PEPPERS YES OR NO??

I did not notice anything relating to the growth increase or decrease in peppers. But thanks for your reading suggestions.

Strong use of search engines on your part. Congrats.

I've never used it, but I have a few plants that are 2 years old and just repot them in fresh new soil after the end of their second year of growth. The cost to repot a few 15 gallon plants in fresh soil it's not that expensive and only takes a few minutes each.

Ironite is banned in AK, HI, DC and KY.

I noticed the website on the back of the bag points you to a portal for WA, CA and OR.

Oregon's registration for Ironite at their DOA is listed as 'expired'

California's registration is listed as 'removed at request of company' or something like that.

Washington State has a review of the make up of this product- and of interest ?

Just about ALL fertilizers.

Now, I read Washington State tried to ban Ironite too, not sure if they succeeded. PA wanted it out as well.

---------------------------------------
This link and document will help you quickly see just what ELSE is as high as Ironite in arsenic and lead, there are others, so they are not alone.

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/docs/rptFertHMWebCurrent.pdf

--------------------------------------

This link will show you the detailed report for Ironite but it's also in the one above's big list- the following is more detailed though, please note the checkbox 'From Waste' is checked on Ironite.

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=652

------------------------------

This link is what Ironite site is content with showing you - notice they leave out any of the metals references.
http://www.ironite.com/msds/MSDS_Ironite_1-0-1.pdf

------------------------------

Someone selling Moruga plants on Ebay recommended this product to make the plants flower:

Espoma Triple Phosphate
Note the exceptionally high cadmium here, and the lead and arsenic are higher than any product I've come across. So think twice on what it's worth for those extra flowers, more pods might not be 'better pods' in this case. Lead will be absorbed into the plant as will Arsenic and Cadmium, then into the pod, then into you and life is short enough, why make it shorter ?

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.aspx?pname=4693

-------------------------

And for anyone that cares to know what is in their fertilizer they are using, if any:

This link provides access to all

http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/Product1.aspx?ltr=I

It's in the 'I' list for Ironite here, just select above to choose other categories.

HOPEFULLY I get some LIKES on this post - it is not only valuable- it is INVALUABLE in that it brings light to heavy metal content that can and will go into your food/hot peppers. KNOW THY FERTILIZER !

hmm- I think I'll make that my new tag line !

Note Miracle Grow for example is also VERY HIGH in lead.

[size="-1"]Total Nitrogen (N)[/size] [size="-1"] 2.0000[/size] [size="-1"]Arsenic[/size] [size="-1"] <0.5000[/size] [size="-1"]Available Phosphoric Acid (P[sub]2[/sub]O[sub]5[/sub])[/size] [size="-1"] 44.0000[/size] [size="-1"]Cadmium[/size] [size="-1"] 0.1000[/size] [size="-1"]Soluble Potash (K[sub]2[/sub]O)[/size] [size="-1"] [/size] [size="-1"]Cobalt[/size] [size="-1"] 18.6000[/size] [size="-1"]Calcium (Ca)[/size] [size="-1"]Mercury[/size] [size="-1"] <0.0500[/size] [size="-1"]Magnesium (Mg)[/size] [size="-1"] 0.5000[/size] [size="-1"]Molybdenum[/size] [size="-1"] 20.2000[/size] [size="-1"]Sulfur (S)[/size] [size="-1"]Nickel[/size] [size="-1"] 0.2000[/size] [size="-1"]Boron (B)[/size] [size="-1"] 0.0100[/size] [size="-1"]Lead[/size] [size="-1"] <1.2000[/size] [size="-1"]Chlorine (Cl)[/size] [size="-1"]Selenium[/size] [size="-1"] <5.5000[/size] [size="-1"]Cobalt (Co)[/size] [size="-1"] [/size] [size="-1"]Zinc[/size] [size="-1"] 113.0000[/size] [size="-1"]Copper (Cu)[/size] [size="-1"] 0.0100[/size] [size="-1"]The symbol "<" indicates the minimum detection limit. The metal was not found at or above the minimum detection limit.[/size] [size="-1"]Iron (Fe)[/size] [size="-1"] 0.1000[/size] [size="-1"]Manganese (Mn)[/size] [size="-1"] 0.0300[/size] [size="-1"]Molybdenum (Mo)[/size] [size="-1"] 0.0020[/size] [size="-1"]Waste-Derived?[/size] [size="-1"] [/size] [size="-1"]Sodium (Na)[/size] [size="-1"] [/size] [size="-1"]Micronutrient Fertilizer?[/size] [size="-1"] [/size]

As I know little to nothing about this stuff what do folks think of these numbers in regards to safety ?

From what I've read bioavailability is more important than total amount, and that would depend on many factors. Some of those metals are also need trace elements. Also organic manures can also have heavy metals as the animal tends to concentrate the metals. http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publications.htm?seq_no_115=64501

Kinda like all those electric car batteries.....LOL

I've been using it-in diluted solutions ie ; at about 10% recommended strength, once/twice a month, mixed with 1/4 strength fish ferts, molasses extract........ definitely seems to kick them into gear.hmmm

But maybe a little more research is in order.......problem is, the internet has more bs then newspapers...LOL

maga spokane hit the nail right on the head the answer is NO!! dont use this crap it comes from superfund landfills
just found out recently

thANKS YOUR FRIEND jOE

The numbers posted above are WRONg - here are the numbers for Ironite

NOTE the 5,000 + ARSENIC

[size="-1"]GUARANTEED ANALYSIS[/size]
[size="-1"](%)[/size]
[size="-1"]TOTAL METALS IN PRODUCT[/size]
[size="-1"](ppm)[/size]
[size="-1"]Total Nitrogen (N)[/size] [size="-1"] 1.0000[/size] [size="-1"]Arsenic[/size] [size="-1"] 5.5509[/size] [size="-1"]Available Phosphoric Acid (P[sub]2[/sub]O[sub]5[/sub])[/size] [size="-1"] [/size] [size="-1"]Cadmium[/size] [size="-1"] 0.1000[/size] [size="-1"]Soluble Potash (K[sub]2[/sub]O)[/size] [size="-1"] 1.0000[/size] [size="-1"]Cobalt[/size] [size="-1"] <0.3404[/size] [size="-1"]Calcium (Ca)[/size] [size="-1"] 12.0000[/size] [size="-1"]Mercury[/size] [size="-1"] <0.0001[/size] [size="-1"]Magnesium (Mg)[/size] [size="-1"]Molybdenum[/size] [size="-1"] <0.1000[/size] [size="-1"]Sulfur (S)[/size] [size="-1"] 10.0000[/size] [size="-1"]Nickel[/size] [size="-1"] 2.0410[/size] [size="-1"]Boron (B)[/size] [size="-1"] 0.0200[/size] [size="-1"]Lead[/size] [size="-1"] <0.1000[/size] [size="-1"]Chlorine (Cl)[/size] [size="-1"]Selenium[/size] [size="-1"] <0.0500[/size] [size="-1"]Cobalt (Co)[/size] [size="-1"] [/size] [size="-1"]Zinc[/size] [size="-1"] 4.5886[/size] [size="-1"]Copper (Cu)[/size] [size="-1"] [/size] [size="-1"]The symbol "<" indicates the minimum detection limit. The metal was not found at or above the minimum detection limit.[/size] [size="-1"]Iron (Fe)[/size] [size="-1"] 4.5000[/size] [size="-1"]Manganese (Mn)[/size] [size="-1"] 0.1000[/size] [size="-1"]Molybdenum (Mo)[/size] [size="-1"] 0.0005[/size] [size="-1"]Waste-Derived?[/size] [size="-1"] Y[/size] [size="-1"]Sodium (Na)[/size] [size="-1"] [/size] [size="-1"]Micronutrient Fertilizer?[/size] [size="-1"] [/size] [size="-1"]Zinc (Zn)[/size] [size="-1"] 0.1000[/size] [size="-1"]Phosphate-Containing Fertilizer Material?[/size] [size="-1"] [/size]

Total Nitrogen (N) 2.0000 Arsenic <0.5000 Available Phosphoric Acid (P[sub]2[/sub]O[sub]5[/sub]) 44.0000 Cadmium 0.1000 Soluble Potash (K[sub]2[/sub]O) Cobalt 18.6000 Calcium (Ca) Mercury <0.0500 Magnesium (Mg) 0.5000 Molybdenum 20.2000 Sulfur (S) Nickel 0.2000 Boron (B) 0.0100 Lead <1.2000 Chlorine (Cl) Selenium <5.5000 Cobalt (Co) Zinc 113.0000 Copper (Cu) 0.0100 The symbol "<" indicates the minimum detection limit. The metal was not found at or above the minimum detection limit. Iron (Fe) 0.1000 Manganese (Mn) 0.0300 Molybdenum (Mo) 0.0020 Waste-Derived? Sodium (Na) Micronutrient Fertilizer?

As I know little to nothing about this stuff what do folks think of these numbers in regards to safety ?

Aresnic is NOT <0.5000

It is 5.55

do you work for this company ?

Total Nitrogen (N) 2.0000 Arsenic <0.5000 Available Phosphoric Acid (P[sub]2[/sub]O[sub]5[/sub]) 44.0000 Cadmium 0.1000 Soluble Potash (K[sub]2[/sub]O) Cobalt 18.6000 Calcium (Ca) Mercury <0.0500 Magnesium (Mg) 0.5000 Molybdenum 20.2000 Sulfur (S) Nickel 0.2000 Boron (B) 0.0100 Lead <1.2000 Chlorine (Cl) Selenium <5.5000 Cobalt (Co) Zinc 113.0000 Copper (Cu) 0.0100 The symbol "<" indicates the minimum detection limit. The metal was not found at or above the minimum detection limit. Iron (Fe) 0.1000 Manganese (Mn) 0.0300 Molybdenum (Mo) 0.0020 Waste-Derived? Sodium (Na) Micronutrient Fertilizer?

Mega- if your post was for a DIFFERENT product- then yes- your figures look GOOD

what product did you post those as to ?

You can drink so much water that you die. It never gets in the lungs. Happens to infants from time to time.

Anything in large unhealthy quantities is bad.

Now back to ironite, please.

Its called water intoxication. A girl in Florida died a few years ago as a result of drinking something like 6 gallons of water over the course of an hour...

Back