• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

misc Is 90w Led UFO sufficientfor production chilis?

I am about to take a Trinidad scorpion in over the winter and it just budded up. I have a HPS and a 90W LED. I want to use the HPS in another room. So i got my 90W LED UFO left i wounder if the plant will produce fruits under the 90w is it enough?

I would be glad to hear what the output was if someone have tested this before.

//Oscar

It depends on how big your plant is...I use the 90 watt UFOs for growing seedlings in the spring and each UFO covers a 4' square area when it is about 3 1/2 feet above the plants...with that being said, this is not enough to produce pods though...

I think somewhere I read that for flowering/fruiting, the UFO needs to be no more than 2' above the plants and it will cover a 2' square area...I, also will be trying to keep a plant or two fruiting after the first frost..

Sounds good i will try it out and see how it goes. Its about the flower anyday now so will move it inside before it does so i can get some isolated seeds.

I had a bad Superhot season this year so i need to finish them all off inside.

90 watt LED is not enough for heavy flowering plants like peppers or tomatoes. These are miniature bhut jolokia under 90w LED.

IMG_1470-300x195.jpg

This is the same plant under the sun with the exact same feed regimen:

IMG_1543-225x300.jpg

Now that sucks... now i have to power up the HPS :((
I wounder how many plants i can get under a 600W HPS.
The plants are blooming atm in the greenhouse but the cold is comming so need to take them inside.

But as i understand there is diff LED lamps some are bad quality and some are better. I was hoping to at-least have one plant under the LED.

Thanks for the info!

Now that sucks... now i have to power up the HPS :((
I wounder how many plants i can get under a 600W HPS.
The plants are blooming atm in the greenhouse but the cold is comming so need to take them inside.

But as i understand there is diff LED lamps some are bad quality and some are better. I was hoping to at-least have one plant under the LED.

Thanks for the info!

I had 20 sq. ft under a 1000 watt and I think it was too much. I'm downgrading to a 400w. Had 20 plants.

I had 20 sq. ft under a 1000 watt and I think it was too much. I'm downgrading to a 400w. Had 20 plants.

I had 1000 watter's at one time, I also sold them, new bulbs were getting pricey, and even with overlapping coverage there was still quite a hot spot, now I run 400 watter's and I use an ambient light meter for best coverage. I'm up to 6 lites now but their not all fired up until march/april...... Good luck on the UFO's

I had 1000 watter's at one time, I also sold them, new bulbs were getting pricey, and even with overlapping coverage there was still quite a hot spot, now I run 400 watter's and I use an ambient light meter for best coverage. I'm up to 6 lites now but their not all fired up until march/april...... Good luck on the UFO's

I get 1000w lights for $26 +s/h I don't think that that's bad. But it really is overkill.

I get 1000w lights for $26 +s/h I don't think that that's bad. But it really is overkill.

26 bucks!,....."Holy Heist" .....that would be cheap just on shipping for electronic ballasts alone! thats a great deal!, I can't even get that at an "asset and forfeiture" police auction, and I'm a CPD employee, you got a great deal, 1000 watter's were nice with the HPS bulbs, but I prefer to run my 400's with my T8's, I'm using 3 (20 amp) and 2 (15 amp) circuits dedicated to my lights and de-humidifiers, but I do miss the "big guns" (1000w)

http://www.needabulb.com

Wow, I can't believe the pricing on those lamps, have you placed orders through them before? the place I buy from date codes the base of the bulb at purchase and warranties it for one year if defective, but the bulbs are at least 4 times the price compared to the site that you displayed...... I'll have to take a closer look at the mfg's.......thanks......Greg

Bought 2 bulbs last year. No problems with them or the company delivering them. I tell it took months of "weeding" through all the sites that cater to pot growers to find some descent prices. But it can be done.

20 plants under a 1000w HPS? Did you just grow them inside before summer? Or 20 Full grown plants that produced fruits ?

20 plants under a 1000w HPS? Did you just grow them inside before summer? Or 20 Full grown plants that produced fruits ?

It says he has 20sq.ft under the 1k lite with enough room for 20 plants, has to be pre-outdoor, maybe 1 gal. containers.....that's possible

I started them in 1"x2" seed starter cells and them put them in the medium when they were ready to transplant. Didn't have any problems.

It says he has 20sq.ft under the 1k lite with enough room for 20 plants, has to be pre-outdoor, maybe 1 gal. containers.....that's possible

Yeah but 1k HPS for 20 small plants seems overkill i can cover 30 plants before plant out with 400w its a bit bushy but works well. So thats why i wounder 1k seems a bit overkill on the bill.

We will see, my T.S plant is flowering now prob 100 buds on it plant is pretty huge. And 5 flowers are open. I expect allot of flower drops if i can get 20 decent pods i call it successful.
I hope for the best. I dont use mylar or how it spells. I plan on use it on the HPS room. Finger crossed.

I had them in 5 gal buckets. I thought it was overkill afterwards as well, which is why I'm switching to a 400w. I did grow tomatoes, peppers, green beans, lettuce and peppers in those pots.

Back