• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

is a bird the same as..

the name bird pepper given for many many kinds like Tepin.piquen....African bird , some annuum. others frutecense. the name bird used on most tiny chili

I wouldn't agree either. It only takes a bite to compare, you don't need a pound;)
Bird peppers are usually any small pepper that birds can scoop up in one bite and then distribute seeds with added fertilizer

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but Wikipedia is unvetted crap.

Anything written there about chiles is way better than 50% wrong.

Wikipedia may be crap, but are there any truly good resources of accurate hot pepper information? I haven't found one yet; currently a Wikipedia search followed by a thorough Google search for verification is the best I've found so far. And add to that a search through thechileman's database and some forum searches (such as this one). Crap or not, it's still useful as a start (IMO).

acording to neils site the peri peri is the bishops crown
bishops crown c baccatum
From Barbados, this large plant produces three-sided peppers which resemble a Bishop's Crown . Sometimes called Fryers Hat or Monks Hat also known as Peri-Peri. unusually shaped fruit of 1-1.5 inches long by 2-3 inches wide. Pods mature from light green to orange to red. Tall variety with weeping branches from the heavy fruit. At first the Taste is sweet and fruity , then you hit the inside and the Heat Heat 7/10 15 Seeds $3.50

Mmm some people get their kicks out of messing up wikipedia entrys.
thechileman & this Forum are probably the best resources out there for your average pepper grower IMO.

Back