• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is bacterial spot common around the world?

I'm just wondering because I had a huge problem with it in the garden last year, and seen a couple spots pop up on the leaves of my potted plants every now and then. And earlier today, I was just watering my plants and noticed the first signs of it this year--my Solar Flare and Peach Habanero have a spot or two of what looks like it, and they rarely get water on their leaves! I'm starting to wonder if it's even possible to grow a pepper plant without a single spot from this damn bacteria...

I've gone as far as using only pots this year, set on the porch, to minimize water-to-leaf contact. I water the plants early in the day to cause any water that I do accidentally get on the leaves to dry up quickly and prevent it from setting long enough for infection. And yet, it looks like it can still infect the plants. Seriously, does anyone ever actually have a bacterial spot-free garden? As in not even a single spot on a single leaf throughout an entire growing season?

It hasn't really rained much lately (and when it does it's been coming down straight enough that it barely gets on the porch), and today's the first time I needed to water the plants in a week.

I think this year will be like all my potted plants last year--the occasional spot on a leaf or two here and there, not an epidemic like last year's garden--but still, this sucks!

Yeah i seem to get them too. Get them more on some plants than others. It gets worst when there's to much moisture as well. I know some folks treet their seeds with a mixture of peroxide and water but havent tried it yet.

Back