• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is it a world record?

While they did take 4 days longer than my other seeds, which sprouted in just 4 days, I just got my first Bhut Jolokia hood popping up last night.

I planted all of these seeds on thursday of last week, which was the 11th, and yesterday, the 19th, is when the first hook showed up.

Everywhere I read has said that these seeds take a lot longer to germinate than this, am I just blessed with the perfect conditions in my house, or what?

Planted them in MG Seed Starting mix, in little seed starting trays. Ive just kept them soggy and for the first 2 days they just sat in the hallway in my house with no special treatment.

Here's the photographic evidence:
BhutHool.jpg

Im just so excited I had to share!

Have seen them over night. :lol:
Excellent time, though. that means they were in good condition and the temp and moisture were as well.

Have seen them over night. :lol:
Excellent time, though. that means they were in good condition and the temp and moisture were as well.

Its been about 60%-80% humidity here and the ac does to 76 during the day and 72 at night. But I believe that where they are they probably stay more like 78 in the day and 75 at night because they are off in a room without an AC vent.

I've had bhuts pop in three days, pretty quick!! Most chinenses I raise are up within a week. Hybrids take much longer though.

just had some 7 pot yellows fully pop in 4-5 days, and looks like a couple hooks from T.S. Choc. and Bhut Choc already and today is the sixth day! I was pretty stoked too, but my wife just doesn't get it!

What happens when your woman thinks you don't have 100% of your attention on her?

She goes into your growing closet and does this....

attack002.jpg

attack003.jpg

Everything was resolved happily though... the bitch is gone :dance:

Oh man that sucks.
vindictive a little.
Rub a super hot all over her door knob.
Or just sit back and watch karma take its toll.
Sorry this happened my man. What were the loses?

Sorry got distracted. I got most of my supers within 1-2 weeks sprouting. good job by the way

She's nuts.... and I'm not just saying that as an insult. She actually is crazy.
I don't bear her enough ill will to do anything to her.
This was last years grow. Only one of the soil plants died as a result of this, and soil in the hydro system isn't a good thing :P I transplanted them into the raised garden bed and they grew on. It wasn't a big setback

my wife was craving attention also..

I said.. let me be a normal american.. I'm going out to get drunk and smoke a pack of a cigarettes...

she said... "what kind of peppers are we growing next"

Back