• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Is something wrong with my plants?

I got 6 plants in the mail yesterday, and noticed something I don't recognize on 4 of them and was wondering if anyone has seen this, and whether or not it's anything to worry about.

The 1st one is a chocolate habanero and the little leaf under the big one I'm holding has a wedge taken out of it and there are brown spots and holes on it and another leaf.
choc1.jpg

This one is also a chocolate habanero and you can see the brown spotting on the leaf in the middle and around the edges of the one behind it.
choc2u.jpg

This one is a scotch bonnet and you can see the wilting and discoloration around the edges of a few leaves

scotch1.jpg

This one's also a scotch bonnet and even though the picture quality isn't all that good you can see the discoloration and hole in the leaf.

scotch2.jpg

Hopefully it's nothing, but I was just wondering if anyone knew what this was, and if I need to do anything to fix it or have them send me new plants. Thanks for your help.

I am no expert but from my experience your third pic is sun scortched leaf tips. One of my plants looks exactly the same on the tips after leaving it in direct high noon sun for too long. Good luck and know others with more knowledge will chime in

They just spent some days in a box. They probably will rebound just fine.
Might be worth it to pot them up right away and get them into a nice environment.
Maybe you could even just remove the affected leaves without adverse effect on the plant.

I've heard of people shocking the plants before shipping with fertilizer. Not sure if thats the case, but singed leaf edges sound like the result of over fertilization.

I wouldn't worry too much.

As PaulG said, pot em up, and in a day or two they should start to perk up.

It doesn't look like any horrible diseases I've ever seen (granted I've only seen a few).

Ken

After I pot them should I continue to slowly introduce them to light or keep them inside a few days before starting again? I put them out in the shade for about 2 hours today and was going to slowly increase it over about 2 weeks.

Back